• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bin Tac compressor

It’s one of the reasons folks have a bottle :) A better investment than the sea of inexpensive compressors which have a nice logo to rebrand them from their Aliexpress origin marked up 200% in price that self-detonate after nominal use.

Better to go with a quality compressor and a bottle OR a proven compressor like the YH and a bottle than be seduced by these 12V money pits. :)

Yes bottle is great, correct me if I am wrong BUT we are coming across more and more air guns that have a 300 bar fill pressures. The Air tanks we use typically have a maximum fill pressure of 310 bar. After the first top off of a air gun (unless it is a small tank or tube) the ability to top off at 300 bar is no longer possible out of the bottle.

And I would basically only use this type of compressor as a secondary field compressor. For the home I would have a Alkin or something similar as repeated use of something like this is probably not good because of these major aspects. 

Longevity- In the videos this thing sounds like it is about to fall apart. 🤣 Maybe not so funny.

Water in air supply. Does not appear to have anything elaborate for a water separator.

Noise - from what I remembered in the video this thing is not quiet at all!

And no I don't have one of these. I just think that it fills a void out there for a need this unit provides. I don't really go out and shoot enough outside of my property to justify a purchase like this at least not yet. You just have to know that it probably will not last you years so use it only when you don't have easy access to a better compressor. 

And if you have a air gun that does not have a top of pressure of 300 bar and you are not out there for days at a time. A good size bottle will probably be good enough.

Allen

Yes bottle is great, correct me if I am wrong

No, indeed you are entirely correct, but in a regulated gun the max fill rating is simply capacity before recharge. My concern (having been burned by these “legendary” portable compressors) was to attempt to save a fellow member from a similar mistake. I own a LC-110 and I am not a fan of “compressor wars”, lol. My thought was a YH is pretty much the defacto high adoption inexpensive compressor in lieu of a dive compressor. As many of us who would like to bash them (kidding) it is pretty obvious that the failure rates are low compared to cost and duty cycle.

I think a larger tank far exceeds the value and MTBF than one of these portable Aliexpress -> Vinyl sticker -> 200% price mark up -> Victim sourcing devices we see with these. 300 Bar out of one of these seems pretty comical. If they actually performed to their cost before deprecation or self-detonating the SCUBA folks would be all over it with a grade D breathable air filter affixed inline.

Yes, i would never use this unit to fill a tank. Nor is it designed to. I do agree that it should be at a lower price point. And I do agree that it will most likely not last. I am pretty positive it won't last long. What is interesting is of all the people selling this unit is Bin Tac. I believe a good portion of his guns are 300 bar max fill airguns. Some which I believe are non regulated.

Allen

man, the need for a compressor is one of the biggest reasons i resisted getting into pcp shooting. i live in condo type place, on the top floor, and pretty much any option is probably going to be audible for the neighbors. unfortunately for me, there is a place that sells tanks and gives free refills that is only 15 minutes away. in the meantime, rifles have gotten much better over the years i have been waffling. i still want the independence of compressor, even if i have to go out run it off my car.

What is interesting is of all the people selling this unit is Bin Tac.

I figure it’s just good smart business. I remember all the problems with the Nomad line, the Nomad II, the Benjamin Traveler, and of course my comical experience with the AF ePump (eChump). I suspect the inflection point between Bin Tac and Ben Had lies somewhere between Shenzhen, Guangdong, the ocean bottom, a “warranty center”, and Port CONUS.

Jomborg, 

As long as you are aware it is not even a permanent solution and it not going to last forever ( probably a good deal less than that) you will be ok. Hopefully in time there will be parts available to repair those things. Hopefully before yours takes a dump.

Please keep us updated however as to how it holds up. We would love to be proven wrong. And it would be great if something like that works out, even if it lasts 3 years.

Good luck

Allen

Jimborg, 

You should be okay as long as you follow the simple rules about airing up with a compressor. And the biggest no no is to start the compressor with high air pressure in the air line. Meaning do not start the compressor after you happen to shut it off for whatever reason until you remove air pressure from the line itself. Air pressure in gun is ok since there is a one way valve preventing that from coming out and into line.

Otherwise with a marauder you don't have super high fill pressures so it will not tax the compressor as badly as one that needs 4200 psi. Plus you don't have a large air reservoir on the marauder so it should fill quickly too. That small compressor has it easy compared to the needs of other guns

Allen

Not really a fan of the disposable compressors but for the most part, if used correctly and not abused, they are good for 20-30 hours of run time and that would be a year or two for many. So if you don't want a tank or 4500psi fills are not available and you need to fill in the field or away from home they will werq. Although I would not be filling all the way to 4500psi something a bit lower like 4000 or 4200psi would be more appropriae for the longevety of the unit.

Not sure how long the battery will last as it has not been around for that long so has no proven record.