Bin Tac B&W HS45

I got mine two days ago. The magazines are too hard to load. I've been loading just two bullets because it gets so hard to twist that I'm afraid the spring pegs will rip out of the plastic. It looks like the spring is wound with too small a diameter. The inside dia. is just barely bigger than the shaft it is wrapped around so when you turn the face plate the spring tightens on the central shaft. I will try making some springs with more clearance. Hopefully, AEA will remedy this problem. Also, mine was supposed to have a front bottle, that wasn't included maybe it ships later? Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to decock the gun so the hammer spring isn't compressed all the time. Pulling the trigger and letting the cocking handle forward doesn't work. Regards, Tom

Reactions: yikkycheezy
Hi tkerrigan,

I have to hold the bolt almost all the way open, then pull the trigger and slide the bolt closed to decock my AEA HP Carbine. Holding yhe bolt all the way open doesn't work. Don't dry fire the B&W HS45. The safety on the AEA HP Carbine will not move to SAFE if hammer isn't cooked. I can use that to tell if my gun is uncoked.

Thanks, I'll try that, I was pulling it all the way back. Regards, Tom

I got mine two days ago. The magazines are too hard to load. I've been loading just two bullets because it gets so hard to twist that I'm afraid the spring pegs will rip out of the plastic. It looks like the spring is wound with too small a diameter. The inside dia. is just barely bigger than the shaft it is wrapped around so when you turn the face plate the spring tightens on the central shaft. I will try making some springs with more clearance. Hopefully, AEA will remedy this problem. Also, mine was supposed to have a front bottle, that wasn't included maybe it ships later? Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to decock the gun so the hammer spring isn't compressed all the time. Pulling the trigger and letting the cocking handle forward doesn't work. Regards, Tom
What kind of accuracy are you getting with it?

Anyone get theirs and have some feedback on it?
I will hopefully be filming my review tomorrow and get the editing done as soon as possible. I have worked out a simple method to load mags. It was hard until I figured out how to grip it. Also I will include how to de-cock it. I can say already the quality of the build is outstanding. I have an extra one I will be putting up for sale as well. Brand new at a discount with some extras.

I shot 6 .457 balls the other day and they shot well 821 to 760fps or so. I pushed one through the barrel and the lands were scribed nicely but it didn't quite touch the grooves. The last time I shot it I finally got it to decock with the safety on. This time it wouldn't decock no matter what I did. I decided to dryfire once to see if that would straighten things out. It went on full auto from 3000 to 1000psi, glad I didn't have a magazine in it. I will be emailing Bin-Tac to see about returning it for repair or replacement. Regards, Tom

• Wow
Reactions: Vortecsix
I talked to Jason at AEA yesterday and he showed me how to decock. There is a blued tab at the muzzle end of the bolt channel and with an empty magazine in just push the tab forward with the end of a ball point pen. The auto fire was because the air pressure was too low, bolt didn't get thrown back far enough to catch the sear I suppose. So I'm back in business again. It would be nice if AEA could put together a manual for this gun. Regards, Tom

Hey, the pictures work now. Regards, Tom

IMG_20220606_224540651.jpg

Anyone get theirs and have some feedback on it?
Got mine have had issue finding consistent ammo that won’t jam. The issue w/ the magazine spring fatigue has been a head ache due the stress caused from the load of keeping slugs loaded in the magazines when not in use. As far as accuracy goes, it boils down to ammo ur using. The lighter weighted slugs in the 170gr range have seemed to work/ cycle the best but then it depends on the design of the slugs as well… there are a lot of variables that u have to prepare for before purchasing. None the less it’s fun and powerful. The blowback between shots is something to be mentioned. It takes an enough amount of air to fire each slug. The release of the air comes from both the muzzle as well as the breach. You should always remember to use proper PPE to avoid any potential injury. Safety glasses are recommended while operating this air rifle. Other then that they’re pretty fun semi automatic rifles. I have one that needs a new home if interested

Got mine have had issue finding consistent ammo that won’t jam. The issue w/ the magazine spring fatigue has been a head ache due the stress caused from the load of keeping slugs loaded in the magazines when not in use. As far as accuracy goes, it boils down to ammo ur using. The lighter weighted slugs in the 170gr range have seemed to work/ cycle the best but then it depends on the design of the slugs as well… there are a lot of variables that u have to prepare for before purchasing. None the less it’s fun and powerful. The blowback between shots is something to be mentioned. It takes an enough amount of air to fire each slug. The release of the air comes from both the muzzle as well as the breach. You should always remember to use proper PPE to avoid any potential injury. Safety glasses are recommended while operating this air rifle. Other then that they’re pretty fun semi automatic rifles. I have one that needs a new home if interested
Did try shooting 5 shot groups with it at various ranges?

I got one since day 1 nothing but problems loose screws, barrel, buttstock, tank. Jammed so bad after 3rd mag had to remove barrel. After 3 mags exploding (cut face 3x) and bolt handle flying past head got a replacement and same deal. Mag exploded. There is only 1 approved ammo (I've tried 7 different ammo all jammed) In most cases this gun would be recalled before someone gets hurt and files a lawsuit. The buttstock broke the 3rd time taken out. Some people have had no problems others multiple--hit or miss. Just sent replacement back.
BUYER BEWARE!