• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIGRAGU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT!!! Now we will continue to watch and wait, one day at a time, as he improves and gets his discharge. I really look forward to his first shot. Augie I know your road has been long and this portion of it will be difficult. But from our few messages I know you will climb out of this hole too. We are all pushing and pulling for you. I kept checking this thread hoping to hear that BIG RAGU is back in his bed, knowing pain meds make you so bleary eyed and unable to even pick out your meal, let alone send out a shout. we are here for you.

Hey, all, I thought I’d take a bit of my “feel good” time to get you updated. 

Before tgey wheeled me into surgery the dr explained the entire procedure once again to my wife and I. All I asked is no extreme pain after the surgery but he looked at me and said that’s the one thing he wasn’t guranteeing, and reassured me it was going to not only hurt, but hurt a lot. 

Two incisions. First was at the front, about 6” in length, to remove an old C3-C4 bone cadaver that over the years has failed and caused me to choke every time I ate. Underneath that level was a titanium plate he also removed. 

He also needed that front access to basically dremmel out vertebrae bone that was too close to the spinal cord, causing an 80% pinch off at the C7-T1 area. That tightness around my spinal cord is what has given me finger numbness, migraines, and a loss of balance in my gait. In all honesty, I fall approximately 4 to 5 times a month due to that and my drop foot situation. 

The rear incision was made also about 6” long, and that was used to install the titanium anchors into the vertebrate at each side. The achors have a thru hole, I’m gonna guess about 3/8” diameter, that once the dr has my neck pulled back to the corrected curvature he slides these rods thru the anchors and tightens them up with an Allen grub screw

so yes as Christian mentioned I am currently at Sutter rehab. A much better place, much cleaner facility. I should holpefully be discharged to go home by Wednesday as I’ve akready spent 5 weeks here in February of 2018 to te learn how to walk after I had my mid T8 to lower S1 all fused up using the same Titanium rods and anchors. Talk about a miserable time in my life!!

1641681A-BC9B-4F16-AABC-17D116DAE815.1613950536.jpeg
23628970-CE44-4132-9CB2-9C6903E196D3.1613950537.jpeg
9CA30D3C-4DB0-4D05-B199-DD7DDDA84CC6.1613950539.jpeg

Just wanted to end my reply back with a big thank you! This airgun community is a kick a$$ group. I’m glad to have met a lot of cool folks on it! Thanks for the “hang in there” replies guys. Very much needed. Be good👍