• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Big Iguanas

I’ve zapped 3 about 85% of the size of the one Orion posted. All DRT @ 15 yards with a Daystate Huntsman in .20 cal (yes .20 cal) pushing 15.89 grain JSBs at 850 fps ish from the muzzle. You can get pretty close to them before they dart off. They have been deemed invasive down in here south Florida, I put them in a cooler for my neighbor who’s from PR and he eats them. I’ve zapped plenty of 2 foot ones with a BSA Ultra SE in .25 pushing 25 grain JSBs about 460 fps ish at 5 yards. I always aim for the head and they go down with no problem. 

I know FL has pretty much said to do whatever you can to get rid of them as long as it’s humane. I don’t know about guided tours and I’ve heard conflicting reports that you can only take them if they are on your property. I’ve probably zapped 10 total I’m sure someone else down here will chime in. I’m very, very close to the Everglades and have a lake behind my place so they are always around. My neighbor a few houses down put a wood plank down on the edge of the water and his yard. The plank heats up nicely with the sunlight and the iguanas hang out on it to heat their bodies more and baits them with mangos. He uses a Hatsan gas ram in .25 at about 15 yards that does them in.

I want to go hunt these even more after reading this thread.

Does anybody offer guided hunts in Florida for iguanas? I wouldn’t mind going to PR but really hate flying. Want big iguanas.

TazhunterO, You can always check out "IguanaMan" on YouTube and I sure that he can help you feel your appetite when it comes to these pesk there are invading Florida.