CD45F8D1-1E40-406A-A243-583653CE1523.png

Anyone ever seen a yote this big? It’s on my land NE Tx.

View attachment 318750
Anyone ever seen a yote this big? It’s on my land NE Tx.
Not personally, but my brother was out deer hunting a couple years ago and had a yote pop out on the other side if the field he was sitting by. It looked directly at him and came across towards him
He thought it was someone's husky or a wolf mix it was so big. It kept coming right at him so he shot it with the 25-06.

Called the game warden to come check it out to make sure he didn't kill someone's pet and figure out what it was. They confirmed it to be a coyote... all 67lbs of it!!!

You might have a coywolf on your hands there though. They have been crossbreeding with wolves for awhile now.

You can find out by their skull and teeth structure if you feel intrigued enough to ask him!

There are wolves in Kentucky to cross breed with coyotes? I had no idea there were wolves in KY?
I watched a documentary on coywolves. The coyotes in the SW were getting to in bred and they realized it so they migrated all the way to the New England area and bred with timber wolves. Then they started to overpopulate and migrated back and pretty much everywhere else now. They're all over major cities too, using parks and storm sewers as shelter. Theyre extremely intelligent and have even better hearing than either yote or wolf. Pretty badass actually.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
A timberwolf was shot in upstate NY last year. Full timberwolf.
...I've been noticing the coyotes up here look real big for a number of years. Like 60++ lbs. But that's just a visual assessment.
I've also noticed that they really howl. Not just whine and yap and yammer. I didnt think howling was a coyote trait...

Interesting reports about interpreting....

North East Texas. Not a coywolf ,
Texas once had a thriving population of red wolves. We still have remaining remnants of them. Most have been crossed to the point they appear to be a slightly off color extra large coyote. If you ever get him alert TPW they will test to see if it has red wolf DNA. Know of several just north of Dallas that did. All looked like a huge extra colorful coyote.