• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Big bore recoil

Interesting, thanks for posting!

Yeah, I fondly remember the .308 and 30-06 days and a tender shoulder after a couple of boxes cartridges worth target shooting. Don't know if I miss that or not šŸ„“

As a (former) springer guy with a preference for 30 fpe .22 caliber PCPs I use a loose/light hold and most of my airguns have a mild rearward pulse when fired. ...Pretty blasƩ.

I still love my springers and they get a lot of trigger time but I have to admit that I have been wooed by the dark side. My favorite springers move the way springers do but have very little recoil that implies power.

I can (sorta) appreciate what you're saying about feeling the airgun shoot as I have a couple of slug guns that will make 45-65 fpe. The pleasant little bump of recoil the speaks of some serious (relative to springers) power that makes me smile.

On the flip-side are my 10 meter airguns (especially the FWB 603) with little or no sensation of firing - just a sharp snap and a hole appears in the target. A lot of smile-value in those airguns as well - especially when the hole is in the middle of the black area where I wanted it. šŸ˜

I fully understand the attraction of big-bore airguns - all that power - but it's not my thing and I'm happy to watch from the sidelines.

Have fun, all airguns are great! Glad you're smiling šŸ˜ƒ

Cheers!

I enjoy it šŸ˜
20231209_140023.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I'm still trying to get used to how the Benjamin Bulldog M357 jumps. I'm wondering what methods I can employ to adjust to this. The muzzle likes to flip up. It's already not so light of an airgun, so I'm not so sure that I want to add weights. It's a hunting rig. I notice that when target shooting, if I grip the rifle loosely I will have a considerable POI shift. It requires somewhat of a firm hold in my experience. It even jumps in a Caldwell Turret Rest. Anyone have any useful suggestions I can try to help keep this big bore more stable?
A top mounted bipod helps a lot ..