• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Big bore ammo availability ???

He may have been referring to there not being many different options available for .357, not that .357 is hard to find ammo for. 

https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo/pellets?calibers=0_357

You will see that .357 ammo gets expensive so if this is your primary shooter that is something to consider. 

But lets ask the question - what do you want to do with it? Hunting, target shooting - just something big to pop watermelons? Probably the cheapest foray into big bore would be an AirForce or maybe a Seneca. But big bores use big air - so hope you have a good air supply.

If you're looking for a killer .30, I am looking at the AGT Uragan .30. People have been cranking it up over 100fpe. And crazy accurate at more modest settings.

Prob plinking, but also want something capable of larger game, maybe up to elk size. I wish the Uragan would trade out, I have one in .22 already. I was thinking Bulldog for price, but maybe used Talon SS, or Texan carbine.

depends on the caliber that is most common or easy to mold 

Thanks

I opted for the FX Impact M3 in .357 and it shoots great with the JSB pellets but also with NSA slugs and both are readily available; those are deadly accurate. I purchased the .25 barrel kit so I can just swap it to .25 setup with the same rifle. I like the M3 as it has the power but also the large capacity magazine and easy to shoot rapidly. Now that slugs are becoming so popular in air guns, more brands are releasing .357 slugs such as AVS, Griffin, and more are likely to come; here is a good resource https://airgunpelletdb.com/calibre/35-9mm/

Prob plinking, but also want something capable of larger game, maybe up to elk size. I wish the Uragan would trade out, I have one in .22 already. I was thinking Bulldog for price, but maybe used Talon SS, or Texan carbine.

depends on the caliber that is most common or easy to mold 

Thanks

.457 or .50 cal. A .357 does not have the power for large game.

The pellet shooter .357's seem to be capped at around 145-150 FPE. Good for varmints and SMALL deer.

Accurate molds has a really big selection of bullet designs and molds are made to order.

Reason I ask is i mold my own slugs for muzzle loading, and if they will work too. I’ve been seeing on YouTube of others killing everything with .357, a bolt thru a Bulldog killing a Bison (Bulldog airbow) and their the largest mammal in north america. Right?

this is some of the confusion I’m getting.

plus in my opinion the Bulldog is hideous, along with the Seneca, or claw. Would like a repeater, and it’s also looking like .40 and up in caliber.