Other Big bore airgun accuracy

Using ammo your gun likes and practice. Biggest accuracy change for me is follow through during and after the shot. I always want to look at the intended target as soon as I pull the trigger. Anyway, sounds simple right, but if I follow through during and after the shot I will hit where I aim.
My badger .40 shoots good my .457 shoots good too just wanna get better.

my Hatsan PileDriver will put a 405gr RNFP slug i cast and size to .457 in the center of a 1moa bulleye @ 40yrds with the burris 2-7x32 drop tine slug-gun scope consistently.
out the muzzle with 720FPE respectively.
3 years past deer hunting and occasional hog here and there.
i have not any complaints what so ever.
it does a fine job filling the freezer....... 🧑‍🌾

Reactions: anonymous_.457
To shoot big bore airguns with high accuracy, ensure your PCP is finely tuned to the ammunition used. Single loading, rather than using a magazine, often yields better results. Focus on muzzle stabilization and trigger control: keep the muzzle steady on the target and initiate trigger movement as the sights stabilize. For long-range shooting, define what "long-range" means for you, typically beyond 50 yards. Practice at different distances to comprehend pellet trajectory, wind effects, and holdover. Remember to follow through after each shot.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
This is what helped me, my 30 cals were not even reasonably accurate, found that tables used were most the problem, didn't affect smaller calibers but the 30 were degrading, to check now i have the rifle on a rest or bag and tap the rear top of stock and watch the end of barrel wobble, move the rifle to a more stable area. Also been having more consistent shot resting my left hand on top of scope area, seems to calm down the recoil, let me know if this helps.

hmm .. they tend to be BIG guns .. even my bulldog with an emperor and an atn w/rangefinder is quite a giant contraption to 'freewheel' lol .. in a good rest though its a lazer to well past 50 .. if you can make a caldwell turret rest work in your situation i highly recommend .. note how smooth and fluid the target can be followed, and 'pulling' off target with adrenalin pumped trigger squeezes is almost eliminated .. it works ..if you got a place to put it ..

Last edited:
hmm .. they tend to be BIG guns .. even my bulldog with an emperor and an atn w/rangefinder is quite a giant contraption to 'freewheel' lol .. in a good rest though its a lazer to well past 50 .. if you can make a caldwell turret rest work in your situation i highly recommend .. note how smooth and fluid the target can be followed, and 'pulling' off target with adrenalin pumped trigger squeezes is almost eliminated .. it works ..if you got a place to put it ..
Very nice shot!