Big Bang Pellet Trap

I save the ones that I shoot in the garage and catch in a trap and give them to one of the Range Safety Officers who are into reloading.
Hello @Simplemann

That is a great idea, thank you.

ThomasT
Looks like some excellent workmanship. I bet you will sell more of those than you think.
Good morning @Varmint101

Well I talked to Pete last night and warned him about what you just said. He has already planned a second production run as soon as he has filled all current orders.

ThomasT

Reactions: Simplemann
Hello everyone,

I have had several people ask me what stand I have the Big Bang Pellet Traps sitting on. Here are couple of photos showing the stand that I made using 2x4 lumber and one piece of 1x10 lumber. I used decking screws to put it all together and applied a coat of stain. It is very simple to build and designed to hold two Traps, it could be “cut down” in width for just one Trap. It is light weight making it really easy for me to move around to shoot at different distances.

Update: By request, I just added a png file showing the drawing for construction and the material required. As you can see I color coded the individual parts and pieces for assembly. Hope this will help.

ThomasT
Big Bang Pellet Trap 23.10.jpg
Big Bang Pellet Trap 23.19.jpg

Attachments

• Big Bang Stand Lumber.1.png
    Big Bang Stand Lumber.1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I have had several people ask me what stand I have the Big Bang Pellet Traps sitting on. Here are couple of photos showing the stand that I made using 2x4 lumber and one piece of 1x10 lumber. I used decking screws to put it all together and applied a coat of stain. It is very simple to build and designed to hold two Traps, it could be “cut down” in width for just one Trap. It is light weight making it really easy for me to move around to shoot at different distances.

ThomasT
View attachment 327569View attachment 327570
That's a nice straight knot free looking 2x4 :)

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Good morning Thomas,
That's a great looking trap. I'll take one please. Like some others, I don't do Facebook.
Sent you my info
Good morning @h2okenny

Thank you and I have added you to the list. Pete is trying to set up a better and easy way for everyone to place an order with a credit card direct on line and hopes to have that in place when he starts the second production run. In the mean time I am glad that I can do what I can.

ThomasT

Well,,,,,, I not got FB either, but can be another mission for the boy. Looks like a good working design, and easy to remove spent pellets. Looking like your going to lose some shooting time. And get on the bending machine. He got a lot of work to do. Going to need help.
Good morning @Nvr-Enough

I talked with Pete last night and told him that I wish my health would allow me to come and spend a week with him and help out. I was in the design and fabrication business for over 40 years and had a 40,000 sq ft shop at one time so I do know how to cut, bend and weld but just not able anymore. He is young and he needs a lot of work to keep him out of trouble :ROFLMAO: .

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Pete will start to work this week on the first production run for the Big Bang Pellet Traps.
Here is my current list of Forum Members ( by Forum Name ) and next to your name I am showing how may Traps you have ordered and /or allowed to order. I have deleted the people that did not supply a contact name and phone number so that Pete can call you and get your order information. The Traps will be shipped from this list in the order that is shown below.

1) @jccams - 1ea ( I have your contact information )
2) @cmatera - 1ea and can order as many as 2 more. ( I have your contact information )
3) @kirkair - 1ea ( I have your contact information )
4) @Scotty1 -1ea ( I have your contact information )
5) @h20kenny -1ea ( I have your contact information )
6) @Payne -1ea ( I have your contact information )
7) @Eamon -1ea ( I have your contact information )
8) @Str8tshooter -1ea ( I have your contact information )
9) @keithrush -1ea ( I have your contact information )
10) @Str8tshooter -1ea ( I have your contact information )

I apologize if I failed to add your name so please let me know here and then send me a PM to confirm.
All SOLD OUT on production run Number 1.

Thanks everyone for working with me, I am doing the best that I can to help the Forum Members and Pete and make everybody happy. Hopefully Pete can get a “stores link” set up where orders can be placed directly on the internet.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Pete will start to work this week on the first production run for the Big Bang Pellet Traps.
Here is my current list of Forum Members ( by Forum Name ) and next to your name I am showing how may Traps you have ordered and /or allowed to order. I must have your contact name and phone number so that Pete can call you and get your order information. The Traps will be shipped from this list in the order that is shown below.

1) @jccams - 1ea ( I have your contact information )
2) @cmatera - 1ea and can order as many as 2 more. ( I have your contact information )
3) @Grassguy12200 - 1ea
4) @Jerkey - 1ea
5) @kirkair - 1ea ( I have your contact information )
6) @Scotty1 -1ea ( I have your contact information )
7) @MountainGhost - 2ea and can order as many as 2 more.
8) @h20kenny -1ea ( I have your contact information )

I apologize if I failed to add your name so please let me know here and then send me a PM to confirm.
All new orders will go into the next production run.

Thanks everyone for working with me, I am doing the best that I can to help the Forum Members and Pete and make everybody happy. Hopefully Pete can get a “stores link” set up where orders can be placed directly on the internet.

ThomasT
ThomasT, you sent me a PM but I can't reply to it could you send me your e-mail address.

• Love
Hello everyone,

I just finished shooting another Tin of pellets at the Big Bang Pellet Trap and this makes somewhere over 1,000 pellets. If you ever wanted to see what a 1,000 spent pellets looked like here is a photo:confused:. The neat thing is that they are not all over my shop :p and when ready I can simply dump them into the trash.

ThomasT
View attachment 327293
Or, when you collect 10,000 at the end of the week, you can sell them to a forum member to melt down. Just a thought.

• Haha
Hello everyone,

Update: By request, I just added a png file showing the drawing for construction and the material required. As you can see I color coded the individual parts and pieces for assembly. Hope this will help.

ThomasT
View attachment 327569View attachment 327570
OR, one could simply buy several traps to place at different distances. Options are always available.

• Love
Or, when you collect 10,000 at the end of the week, you can sell them to a forum member to melt down. Just a thought.
Hello @HogKiller

As much as I enjoy shooting ( almost everyday ) hope it is a little while before I hit that 10K mark :LOL:

ThomasT

• Sad
Reactions: HogKiller
me too, please...
Hello @Eamon

Received your PM and have added you to the list. As I told you in the PM at this time I am not sure if your Trap will be shipped from the First Production Run or the Second. I have not received the contact information from all of the original Members but I am giving them a little more time.

Thank you,
ThomasT