Big Bang Pellet Trap

That's actually cruel. Just for that I'm going to go buy a bunch of Dungeness crabs and some fresh Sour Dough bread, with butter and garlic. I'd do some great bodily harm for some nice large Gulf Shrimp.
Hello @HogKiller

Living up here in Deep East Texas has some great advantages but I sure do miss the quick and easy access to fresh Bay and Gulf shrimp. Boy that firm pure white meat and the iridescent reds, blues and greens coloring on the legs guarantee the freshness. It's almost worth the 2+ hour drive to go buy 20 pounds and come back home and eat the whole lot 🍤, ( but just one pound at a time ) :D.

ThomasT

Reactions: .20calguy
I made my pellet traps many years ago and have thousands and thousands of pellets digested.

Each two years I repaint them because I have them in my house outside.

Inclination angle is very important for avoiding the ricochet:

IMG_20230203_075605.jpg

IMG_20230203_075615.jpg

Hello everyone,

I moved the Big Bang Pellet Trap out side and set it up at 10-meters this morning. Shot quite a few targets with my Crosman 1701P with the new scope and a Hatsan Air Stripper. Tried just two different settings, one with the Brass Plug all the way out and then with the Plug all the way in. It shot good in both positions but maybe just a bit better all the way in.

On my last target a Blue Wasp landed on the #1 in the upper left corner ( green circle )and just as I shot he moved. Loaded another pellet and he is back just to the right of #2 and again moved as I pulled the trigger. Loaded a third pellet and this guy is back just outside on the right of #3 and I missed him. So the Score is Blue Wasp =1, ThomasT=0

However did not do to badly shooting the rest of the targets and here is that target.

ThomasT

Blue Wasp.jpg

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Hello everyone,

Just received word from Pete that all 10 Big Bang Pellet Traps have now been shipped out to their new owners. I hope to see some good reviews posted soon.

It will be a little while before he can start a second production run because his shop is working full on building his Crawfish Cookers, boy you talk about a beautiful piece of equipment. This is the main time of the year for Crawfish harvesting.

ThomasT
Crawfish Cooker Two Sack.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Looks like a really well made product. Haven't got a chance to try it out yet. It's suppose to rain all day tomorrow so I'll be shooting my 1701p into it in the garage.:)
Hello @h2okenny

Rained here all morning so I enjoyed shooting my 1701P at the Pellet Trap inside my shop. I'm really close to 2000 rounds now shot at the Trap and it surely has provided a lot of fun during the bad weather time of the year. Only a couple more weeks of February and most if not all shooting will be outside :ROFLMAO: .

ThomasT