• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bi pod/tripod use on a Daystate Red Wolf HP

What have you found to be the neatest and most secure way to attach a bi pod or tripod to a Daystate Red Wolf HP? Have someone install a rail system to enable the installation of a quick detachable bi pod or tripod for both a secure rig when attached and yet a "clean look" and the ability to shoot the rifle over front bags, if desired, when the bi pod or tripod is removed (yes, a shame to risk marring such a beautiful stock, which is why I would want a competent installer of the rail), or go with a bottle band? The rail system is a permanent alteration that would perhaps alter the potential resale value should I decide to sell it later (have not bought it yet -- thinking of one in walnut). Other alternatives? The rifle is already heavy, so adding still more weight after scope, mounts, and moderator would make it quite a load. Thank you for your input.

Hi

Have a Rw, really great gun. Wise choice.

I had my dealer put in a stud . Ideal fit for a bipod. Be careful doing that because laminates run lengthwise, to much strain could cause issues.

I do not find bags or hand hold or rest a problem.

Re weight, Basic gun is actually quite light. A bullpup is lighter maybe by a pound or so. Pros and cons between Bullpups and stocked guns.

Most guns with normal attachments get heavier. Depends what type of shooting you do, Bench rest, Field target , Hunting tactical. Horses for courses. Tool for the job.

Even my ultra light weight Cricket had hunting issues. Rear mounted lever going through heavy undergrowth snags. Perfection does not exiist!

safe shooting

Ken Hicks installed a rail on mine and it worked out beautifully. Properly done, I think it would enhance the value.

9E74FE18-B91A-4208-81FD-73300EE5F1DF.1622376841.jpeg
AEA130BB-F154-4E31-9229-08F36A748B2C.1622376842.jpeg