• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results BFTC - August match report

Boerne Field Target Club August 2023 Match Report

Howdy y’all! The Boerne Field Target Club had its August match this past Saturday and another great match here in Texas Hill Country. Huge thanks to all who helped with the breakdown!! The morning was in the 70’s, dead calm and nearly 90% humidity during sight in. By the end of the match however the temps rose to a nice 95 degrees and 35% humidity. Winds picked up a touch and were shifty but not like last match for sure. With school starting soon and the oh so comfortable temps, turnout was expected to be reduced. Robert D and Bill B were in battle of the springers with Bill B ending up on top with his TX200 shooting JSB 9.87’s and a score of 38. Bill’s humor prevailed as well, filling in “yes” on the scope line. 😂Robert D’s Hawked topped HW97 slinging 8.44’s trailed a few shots behind, but still a good score with a springer! Love seeing the springers! A few more adjustments to my AirKing and I’ll be back trying to look like I know what Im doing. For PCP Hunter class, sleeper sniper David T. triumphed over Jim C and myself with a solid 52. David installed a new board into his Sightron/ Red Wolf setup and its proving to be well worth it with the 13.4 MRD’s. Jim C., our course designer, nearly clearing the kneeling lane proves the hamster is invaluable. Jim shot 13.4’s as well in his trusty Red Wolf and Sightron combo. And following David T.’s performance, this was his first time shooting with a hamster actually and no doubt it contributed to his winning. I shot a Tenacious Airguns’ tuned Cricket 2 Tactical with a Crimson Trace scope and all I will say is the gun outshoots me. Besides some pulled shots and an IBR moment ( idiot behind rifle) I’ve found a new favorite. David T. won a $25 gift card to Pyramyd Air, Jim C walked with a $15 PA card and I left the $10 prize in the kitty for the next match.

Just a few club notes and news:
A few targets have been retired for the time being. The A&M target was removed from rotation, a sparrow and a chicken. After some discussion we will try a few targets with a binary paint scheme, yellow faces and red KZ’s. Black is too dark for many shots on our wooded course and grey was not well received. Some “scrubery of the shrubbery” is on the docket too for the coming months, opening up more shot lanes and lengthening some lanes as well. This summer has been just too oppressive to even build a tree mount, but they are coming!

We have a new crossover shooter too! Alan is a 22lr benchrest shooter who is now set up with his first PCP and tank! After setting him up this morning, I hung around for a bit for the ABRA match the club holds on Sundays. Looks like its time for an airgun to take a bench at that match, and when I mentioned it they were all for it. Two other shooters are about to take the plunge too, the Tenacious Tuned Ghost seemed to scare them into seriously considering a PCP.

And what match would be complete without a HUGE thanks to the sponsors. Pyramyd Air, Tenacious Airguns, S&S Custom Targets, JD Custom Designs, SA Scuba Shack, Texas Field Target and last but not least, our friend Jerry at Pelletgauge.

Robert D and Jim C deserve huge thanks for their help behind the scenes and on match day. Robert keeps me on track and Jim makes sure we are shooting a proper, well rounded course. Ron R always has my gratitudes for guidance and direction. And thanks to Derrick W for his contagious competitive spirit. Everyone who helps with the cleanup deserves special mention, again!

Looking ahead to September, we will have a 12 FPE Pistol match OUTSIDE our normal match day, so look for the announcements! And Texas Field Target is starting evening matches and silhouette matches in September!

Thanks for reading and may God bless Texas and all things airgun.
See you on the lanes!
-Shepard M., Match Director BFTC
[email protected]

P.S. the odd pic is a tunnel spider web we saw in an old stump. Had to grab a pic as its been years since ive seen such a cool one!

IMG_4243.jpeg

IMG_4245.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

Reactions: Loopster