• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Better Moderator for FX M3 .25/600

Sorry, you lost me.
My neighbor to the left was charged with human trafficking and my neighbor to the right leave their poor dog outside 24/7 whether it’s pouring rain or 100 degrees summer days. Stupid laws and politics aside I’m trying to say if you don’t wanna live in California given the choice especially in my neighborhood. Back to your point the house is 120 yard away and the lot I was shooting at has 50 holes plagued with ground squirrels.

Well when you finally get your M3 and are overcome with the urge to be a slug guy, everything within a minimum of 300 yards in any direction beyond where you’re shooting is in danger. Thats a bummer about your hood but you don’t want the other neighbor saying that’s where the human trafficker lived, that’s where the irresponsible pet owner lives and that’s where ricochet Pete lives.

Well when you finally get your M3 and are overcome with the urge to be a slug guy, everything within a minimum of 300 yards in any direction beyond where you’re shooting is in danger. Thats a bummer about your hood but you don’t want the other neighbor saying that’s where the human trafficker lived, that’s where the irresponsible pet owner lives and that’s where ricochet Pete lives.
I know what you mean. I’m aware I’m a blade runner.

Just looked up your city, GODLIKE. I worked there from 2012 to 2016 in Melpitas off of Lundy. Lived in a 30’ RV trailer set up at my uncles place in Morgan Hill. I would leave Sunday at 2pm and get there by 7pm, work there all week and come home on Friday evenings.

All I can say is the traffic there is horrendous! If I wasn’t on 680 north by 2pm on a Friday it would take me 6 hours to get home, typically.

So glad that’s all behind me now, but truth be told, I enjoyed what I did there for work, a lot

Just looked up your city, GODLIKE. I worked there from 2012 to 2016 in Melpitas off of Lundy. Lived in a 30’ RV trailer set up at my uncles place in Morgan Hill. I would leave Sunday at 2pm and get there by 7pm, work there all week and come home on Friday evenings.

All I can say is the traffic there is horrendous! If I wasn’t on 680 north by 2pm on a Friday it would take me 6 hours to get home, typically.

So glad that’s all behind me now, but truth be told, I enjoyed what I did there for work, a lot
It’s a sh1thole here lol you basically waste 1/3 your life stuck in traffic.

It’s a sh1thole here lol you basically waste 1/3 your life stuck in traffic.
Yeah I never got out much, I mean as soon as I got off of work it was back to the trailer till I left in the morning back to work. I didn’t go anywhere. My uncles place is 35 acres and he had me in a spot 40’ down and away from his house with water and power so I lived isolated in this “forest”. It was cool at first, but at the same time the traveling made it get old fast. I kept myself busy wrenching on my truck. Had no internet, and barely had a cell signal at the spot I was at. I kept two vehicles there, a beater Camry with 400,000 miles to commute back n forth to work, and my 1993 dodge truck to drive to home and back. Because work would take no excuses for not being able to show up, I carried spare parts like water pumps, master cylinders, belts, fluids, and was fully tooled up to make emergency repairs.

The rainy seasons were wicked. That thin roof of the RV did not do one bit of muffling the downpour rain sounds, and since I was below flat ground with a 40’ sloped hill right next to me, water was 3” high around my trailer. I had to lay down tall stepping stones just to get to the truck and back to RV.

Looking back at that part of my life living there for work, sometimes I couldn’t believe I mustered that or even stayed married. Chores at my house got backed up and wifey was left to run the household, and after a 6 hour drive and getting home around 9:30pm on Friday night I was a grouch that got grouchier thru out the weekend cause I had to play catch up with chores and maintenance that needed to be done. I miss the actual job, but I don’t miss the living and traveling conditions. The traffic clientele for the most part were @$$ holes that don’t think twice about riding your @$$ or cutting you off. Once, a dude fell asleep and rammed into my trucks bumper in stop n go traffic. I waved him on to pull over but instead he waved at me as he’s to my right now, and just drove off.

But hey, when a lot of people were jobless, I was thankful to have a job

Last edited:
Reactions: Godlike1125
Yeah I never got out much, I mean as soon as I got off of work it was back to the trailer till I left in the morning back to work. I didn’t go anywhere. My uncles place is 35 acres and he had me in a spot 40’ down and away from his house with water and power so I lived isolated in this “forest”. It was cool at first, but at the same time the traveling made it get old fast. I kept myself busy wrenching on my truck. Had no internet, and barely had a cell signal at the spot I was at. I kept two vehicles there, a beater Camry with 400,000 miles to commute back n forth to work, and my 1993 dodge truck to drive to home and back. Because work would take no excuses for not being able to show up, I carried spare parts like water pumps, master cylinders, belts, fluids, and was fully tooled up to make emergency repairs.

The rainy seasons were wicked. That thin roof of the RV did not do one bit of muffling the downpour rain sounds, and since I was below flat ground with a 40’ sloped hill right next to me, water was 3” high around my trailer. I had to lay down tall stepping stones just to get to the truck and back to RV.

Looking back at that part of my life living there for work, sometimes I couldn’t believe I mustered that or even stayed married. Chores at my house got backed up and wifey was left to run the household, and after a 6 hour drive and getting home around 9:30pm on Friday night I was a grouch that got grouchier thru out the weekend cause I had to play catch up with chores and maintenance that needed to be done. I miss the actual job, but I don’t miss the living and traveling conditions. The traffic clientele for the most part were @$$ holes that don’t think twice about riding your @$$ or cutting you off. Once, a dude fell asleep and rammed into my trucks bumper in stop n go traffic. I waved him on to pull over but instead he waved at me as he’s to my right now, and just drove off.

But hey, when a lot of people were jobless, I was thankful to have a job
I'm currently in a 40% similar situation as you were back in the day except the trailer part. I guess nothing much has changed and I too only devote to wrenching on my own truck. I assume the "forest" is probably turned into apartments by now.

I'm currently in a 40% similar situation as you were back in the day except the trailer part. I guess nothing much has changed and I too only devote to wrenching on my own truck. I assume the "forest" is probably turned into apartments by now.
I live in California on 2.5 acres. I decided on the m3 with a backbone, Sabre tactical bottom pic rail, and a cf barrel stiffener. I will be shooting 43 grain slugs (NSA) but will wait on the heavy slug liner and the slug power kit. Not sure if I really need it. It took me quite a while to finally decide but I kept coming back to the m3. I will be putting a ronin on it. I have an emperor v3 on my af Texan SS .457. Adding an expansion chamber to quite it down even more ….

I live in California on 2.5 acres. I decided on the m3 with a backbone, Sabre tactical bottom pic rail, and a cf barrel stiffener. I will be shooting 43 grain slugs (NSA) but will wait on the heavy slug liner and the slug power kit. Not sure if I really need it. It took me quite a while to finally decide but I kept coming back to the m3. I will be putting a ronin on it. I have an emperor v3 on my af Texan SS .457. Adding an expansion chamber to quite it down even more ….
I’m tinkering with my AVA atm while waiting on my .22 M3 sniper to arrive.

6562FBA7-02B3-401F-BC98-D5A1F4824CCB.jpeg

649E0030-A69F-417A-9659-57FD782D8E6B.jpeg

214DAB66-7B41-4D4C-BAE9-31B5413EF6B8.jpeg

Reactions: PBuffa
When I bought my M3 .25 cal. standard (600 mm barrel) it included the DonnyFL FX suppressor. At the muzzle it is about 95db. I’m thinking about taking that noise level down a bit and would like suggestions on which brand and model may be best for my setup. TIA
Moving to the carbon harmonic damper shroud made a big difference on my 700, more than putting a ronin on an aluminum shroud. Its so good that i can get away with just the shroud and have ok noise levels at 60 ft lbs. Higher than that the shroud and ronin are preferable for me.

Reactions: MikeAllen
When I bought my M3 .25 cal. standard (600 mm barrel) it included the DonnyFL FX suppressor. At the muzzle it is about 95db. I’m thinking about taking that noise level down a bit and would like suggestions on which brand and model may be best for my setup. TIA
I have the exact M3. O went with the “.30” Ronin and could not be happier with the results. Very quiet

Reactions: 6gun and MikeAllen
Why did you go with the .30 cal if your M3 is .25 like mine? And have you changed out any of the internal sound absorbing material?
I wanted to ensure I had no clipping. The sound reduction is absolutely quite enough for my backyard. I live on 2.5 acres but I am super impressed with the lack of noise.
And I can use it if I ever decide to go .30 on my Impact.