• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Better Moderator for FX M3 .25/600

I thought that might be the reason. Thanks.
Fwiw, my 22 is quiet enough to get away with pigeons in a tiny lot hoa setting.
Good thinking.

Did you originally have the DonnyFX moderator on your M3? If so…big difference?
Yes, at a certain power level there starts to be too little volume in the fx donny (not hollow/empty). I put my fx on on a chinesium aea and a ronin on my m3. Ronin improved my sound levels, and decreased group sizes. My guess is the group improvement was muzzle blast containment, barrel weight reducing whip, or both.

Reactions: PBuffa
The internal of the moderator that came with my .25 FX Impact. It is a hollow tube A2AEC01E-97A3-477F-A9A7-265332FCA2F2.jpeg

Just tested using DecibelX AP.
Three shots each;
Donny Fx - Average @104db (edit: apparently this was not a (“DonnyFX”) upgrade) but the included Impact moderator. I originally did not see this one in my case. It was not attached to the barrel. Utah Air sent me another free of charge and it seems to be just as Mikes picture. I contacted UtahAir to return the Donny they sent. They said to just keep it. I am flabbergasted.
Donny Ronin .30 - Average @95 db.
Considerable difference.

After checking with UtahAir;
They stated the stock included moderator is just a two piece. The DonnyFX has the baffles as per Mike’s pics and the second one UtahAir sent me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeAllen and 6gun