• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Better Idea?

Here is my set up. I think I'll order the super sear from AOA. gotta improve that trigger, Other wise I think it will work. 
1533596294_10342214735b68d28689a5e9.91652170_fullsizeoutput_127.jpeg
1533596327_10206939045b68d2a7dd6ae6.32124823_fullsizeoutput_126.jpeg

I have a HW 44 set up nicely to do the job. BUT it shoots too hard and is damaging the roof of the barn. 

I'm driving myself nuts with this. I'm missing shots that are just "give me's" and I can't figure which of the numerous variables is causing me trouble. I had one pigeon sitting on a rafter directly above me he let me shoot at him four times before he flew off. I'm a reasonably experienced shooter and I think I know pretty well what is required but this is just not going well for me. I've checked the scope mounting and I know about the flight path of the pellet as it crosses the line of sight. I've got the trigger tuned to at least an acceptable point. I'm going to drop back and check all the basics and see it I can help myself but if there is anything you think I haven't considered that's relative to airguns let me know.

I am for the most part able tp get a pretty good rest against a part of the barn frame and I'm breaking the trigger well. Just missing shots that I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see. 

I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and I'm going see if I can buy a better scope. I'll work on this and report back but the pigeons are winning so far. I've killed a half dozen but I've messed four for every one I've killed. Any idea's ?? 

I don't know if the scope being mounted fairly high over the barrel is causing me trouble at these short distances or if I'm not getting centered behind the scope consistently???

I tried heavier pellets and it seems to be shooting more accurately. Went over to the barn last evening and one pigeon flew before I could even get a look at him so I'll have to let the place sit a while. JSB heavy in 22 cal seems to be doing pretty well at three pumps.

I also spent a considerable time working over the trigger on this gun. I've got it to a very acceptable situation. I'll have to see how I make out. Also put a flash light on the front of the forearm which will help in the effort. If I can get this gun shooting accurately enough I should be in good shape for the barn pigeons.