• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best wishes to the USA World team in Slovenia

"ironman"Yes, but you have to use tools to adjust the hammer spring on those other guns. Just sayin'. 
Fake news!

You're implying that Thomas shooters cheat by adjusting power above the class limits.

I shoot with these guys at my local range. We all spend a lot of time to find the fpe sweet spot - the most accurate - that is below 12 or 20 fpe. You don't want to mess with it after it is set because you lose accuracy. I shoot HV and my RAW does best around 790 fps, which puts me around 18fpe. Increasing power drops the accuracy.

That along with the fact that Thomas power class change requires different air valve screws.

"ironman"How then, can you shoot a rifle in a class that has been tech inspected and then shoot it in the next class and prove that it has not been tampered with? The potential is there and not everyone is honest. Being able to adjust the hammer tension can increase speed which can be quite an advantage in certain conditions. Just callin a duck a duck.
Is there an external Velocity adjustor on the the Thomas Air that makes it instantaneous on the fly ? (ie: like Air Arms FAC S400/410 ?)
Yes = potential attraction for bending rules..
No = as requires physical dismantling of air gun...then no fuss...same as other air rifle brands & models...

"ironman"How then, can you shoot a rifle in a class that has been tech inspected and then shoot it in the next class and prove that it has not been tampered with? The potential is there and not everyone is honest. Being able to adjust the hammer tension can increase speed which can be quite an advantage in certain conditions. Just callin a duck a duck.
So what is this so called "advantage" you are talking about...

As Kim mentioned before, benchrest shooters spend hundreds to thousands of hours tuning their rifles, which means finding the exact lot of pellets that shoot the best at an exact velocity. Messing with that velocity up or down will result in reduced accuracy. There is ZERO incentive to change ANYTHING on their rifles.

Not to mention that competitors are watched by shooting officials throughout the competition (messing with gear will immediately draw attention and result in an official standing over your shoulder watching you like a hawk), and winners are required to present their gear for inspection which includes a chrono run to insure they are within the limits of the class.

Just calling BS when I hear BS...

If you cant view, see here: https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=1786

1bb267bbfa5af59480c64152317e70c9.jpg

cd3b7c56e45a3e40720f9250b1c24732.jpg

e636b7032a39fe00e64b40d0caa8bc6f.jpg

afe8f91d1841aca782e08c39199f29bf.jpg

The rules at the Nationals were apparently changed last year because there was no tech inspection at all. Everyone was told to be on the "Honor" system and shoot under the foot pounds for each given class. Only the top 3 places in each class were tech inspected after the event occurred. I am not saying this was because they wanted the Thomas rifles to be competitive but if they had the tech inspection back then, the shooters in Slovenia would have already known that the forend of the rifle was too wide, etc.