Best water targets

I have a couple large ponds that I can shoot up to 500 yards across water. As of right now I plan on setting up some balloons with fishing line and weights to hold in place. Anyone know of any good floating target ideas? This is my smallest pond but able to shoot at a long distance from my road.

0CC19949-C7F1-4D8C-8835-97164744BC85.1642388893.jpeg

Just use ice with food coloring in it. The ice will float and not leave any waste in your pond.

Oh, that's a great idea, you could freeze shapes to make targets that stuck up a bit - iceberg style!

I was also thinking radio controlled boats to push targets out a ways.

The birds eating pellets is a good point tho - not sure how much waterfowl your ponds provide for. They do ingest small rocks (and pellets) to aid digestion. 

also if theres waterfowl in the pond theyll likely eat the pellets and die ... yes, i had a pond at my last house, and ducks and geese and found out the hard way ..

most birds look for small pebble/stones to aid digestion and they love pellets. If you want to eat the ducks or geese from the pond then shooting at or around water without recovering the pellets is a bad idea. Personally I only shoot into pellet boxes or traps because I don’t care liter thousands of lead chunks all over my property or anywhere for that matters. 

a small floating dock, and a target holder, you could use cardboard as a target backer and put shoot and see stickers on it, and a small anker or cinder block to keep it from floating away. No worries about littering, as with the balloons. How about a RC boat with a target holder on it, so you don't shoot the boat? I'm working on a RC truck, I just found a gyro for rotating left and right, and to raise and lower the target holder. I'm using a power meter bracket for the target holder it's not too heavy and holds the cardboard target backer . A work in progress to be sure. Hope this stimulates some ideas for you. 

TODD