• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Best WAR tune/fixer advice....

Ok all I have acquired a .30/.25 WAR Flex I love but got a slight bend/warp in the bolt handle. So I need a replacement bolt handle and would just as well send it to be sure it’s 100% I would also love to send it to Travis to see about adding a .35 barrel kit and double tank adapter also......amazing amazing gun that needs attn from a master. Please help me hehe. Thanks now let the comments fly!

Keahi Lum Ho

Wicked Air Rifles is no more of course, and Travis (old pro)..I'll let him speak for himself, but know he is into other things now as well. So send a PM, or try Motorhead. I think he may still be in the repair/tuning business and would be the most familiar with that model left. Pickings will probably be slim beyond that, but there are nice machinist around that may be able to help with the bolt, too.

There are ZERO support parts being openly sold. Find an owner who rat holed some stuff is your only source if not being able to self fabricate.

Due to these rifles falling into the BLACK HOLE of OBSOLESCENCE, myself as many have are no longer working on them in terms of modifications, upgrades etc ...

Scott S

As too the bolt handle ..... Grade 8 bolt, cut to a short thread, head cut off and pressed into the handle design of choosing will fix that right up !

I will add....Depending on what you are actually experiencing---bent bolt handle is a fairly general symptom... There was a problem with some receivers/breeches that caused binding when the bolt handle was "tight". Loosen the bolt handle and the binding would go away. I initially thought it was a bent bolt, but ultimately that was not the case. The offending area in the cocking pin slot was identified after removing the breech/barrel assembly and addressed with a Dremel. Not saying this is absolutely what is wrong with yours, but one of the WAR guns I previously owned had this problem.

I would enjoy the guns for what they are and not dump more $$$ into them. I may find myself under attack by the remaining die hard WAR fans but here goes anyway... IMO, a .30 pellet or light slug shooter is the Flex's sweet spot. Stepping up to .35 can be done, but as a previous Flex owner x2 I wouldn't recommend it. Though many areas of the gun appear to be built like a tank, there are other weak points. Such as it relies on a total of 4 long 4-40 screws holding it all together, no different than a Gen 2 Mrod from that perspective.

Orings are almost the same as an Mrod, they are very simple guns to maintain.