Best version of the FX Panthera for hunting.

Just for reference a .22 CCI Standard velocity 1070 is probably way more quiet then the Panthera, 100 FPE and pretty accurate at long range, can get a 500 bucks gun and shoot away in these open western forests.

I see Airgunning as a challenge but when you factor the cost in it's really a rich man sport, that is why even if I love the challeng of using air for hunting all my guns are in the 600 bucks range.

Just for reference a .22 CCI Standard velocity 1070 is probably way more quiet then the Panthera, 100 FPE and pretty accurate at long range, can get a 500 bucks gun and shoot away in these open western forests.

I see Airgunning as a challenge but when you factor the cost in it's really a rich man sport, that is why even if I love the challeng of using air for hunting all my guns are in the 600 bucks range.
I have moderator in mind. But I definitely see your point. Those are CCI sub sonics. The standard are 1250 fps.

I know perfectly well what you do Manny. And I have the greatest respect for you.
I've done the $600 and even the latest flavor $400 guns. I didn't send you one to toss in a Volcano cause it was a good shooter!
My shooting is different from yours, I want an out of the damned box I can work with at 200+ yards.
That is why I've been prasing the Panther, unlike all the other FX offerings that I didn't care for I think this gun would make a great rugged hunter,.....and non of my posts where directed to you I respect you and what you do, they where for the OP ;)

I have moderator in mind. But I definitely see your point. Those are CCI sub sonics. The standard are 1250 fps.
No the subsonics are 1050 and the MiniMags are 1250,...1070 is the standard velocity
I shoot the 1070 in my yard and they aren't louder then a powerful PCP even with LDC on ,....the Mini mags 1250 are a completely different cup of tea

ANY BRAND ..... ANY CONFIGURATION .... Is still Just an Air Rifle !!! We're Only working with 4.5k pressure and generally less.
They will Never Shoot Caliber to Caliber, weight for weight & Power created with the Powder guns !!!!
It is impossible to do .. that being extracting power where AG's mostly run 3000 psi or less behind a projectile & Powder guns are well above 20,000 psi o_O

BEING Just Air Guns ....
Folks are going use them however they wish, This includes use outside there intended applications. Modify or change them so they can be more suited etc ..

Always get a chuckle on these type threads ...

Just observation .. No skin in this game or brand.
thanks..I all ways thought no way a 22 cal pellet equals a 22 caliber gun powered projectile..my 35 cal impact seems more even.

Here is my two cents. There is a range I would try headshots at and then heart/lung shots. Headshots not much more than 75 yards. Body shots though probably 100-125 yards. It gets harder with hunting animals for meat but I can do it. When I lived in Oregon I had a target ranges with all sorts of targets. From 1 foot circles to 1 inch disc spinners. Guess how far the spinners were. 75 yards. I am very confident in my shooting. Yes I was way too excited and put that far of a distance now. But you guys need to learn that you don't know who there talking too. I could be a newbie I could be a very good veteran. Now I am a newbie but I have been shooting since I was three so I know how to shoot past 100 yards with a .22lr. Heck I took a bull elk at 450 yards while he was running. How? I know how to shoot and shoot well. Now I understand that air rifle particularly slug guns are different but not that much from .22lr.
Sorry to say but you have NO CLUE what you are talking about as far as airgunning is concerned . I hope you stay far away from the horror plans / ideas you have in terms of airgunhunting . Maybe ask a family member or a good friend to hold up a 2 inch diameter steel plate in front of their ass at 150 yards and practice on that first …….

Last edited:
Sorry to say but you have NO CLUE what you are talking about as far as airgunning is concerned . I hope you stay far away from the horror plans / ideas you have in terms of airgunhunting . Maybe ask a family member or a good friend to hold up a 2 inch diameter steel plate in front of their ass and practice on that first …….
I am going to pretend I did not see this post

I am going to pretend I did not see this post
Well I am happy you did…..i hope you understand the message behind it. Shooting at animals at distances over 150 yards with an airgun is insane !!! The time the projectile is on its way to the target alone is already that long that its physical position ( read killing zone) can shift from perfect headshot to dramatic wound shot.

Well I am happy you did…..i hope you understand the message behind it. Shooting at animals at distances over 150 yards with an airgun is insane !!! The time the projectile is on its way to the target alone is already that long that its physical position ( read killing zone) can shift from perfect headshot to dramatic wound shot.
So you cant shoot a animal at 150 yards with a airgun but yet you can hunt deer and elk with a PB at 500-700 yards. Makes perfect sense.

Again with every other post you make it more obvious that you are not having any know how about principles of killing an animal by a bullet. hydrostatic shock for example is a term that comes into play with high energy projectiles at the distances you talk about. This effect does not come into play with airguns. The relativ minor energy at target from any airgun projectile , even the most potent ones does only create a wound. And that wound has to be lethal in max. Seconds.

Again with every other post you make it more obvious that you are not having any know how about principles of killing an animal by a bullet. hydrostatic shock for example is a term that comes into play with high energy projectiles at the distances you talk about. This effect does not come into play with airguns. The relativ minor energy at target from any airgun projectile , even the most potent ones does only create a wound. And that wound has to be lethal in max. Seconds.
So with airguns they have a very low amount of shock but high energy projectiles have a lot of shock? Is that what you are saying?