• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best version of the FX Panthera for hunting.

Concur ... shooting about a 1000 rounds of 17HMR each spring. 125-150 yards is a realistic max.
just like any other launched projectile be it a slingshot and marble or muzzle loader etc ... brags of the obscene shot taken is an O'Wow moment, there just not realistic for all the other shots where you miss if only by a little. :mad: Pesting is like that, generally getting just a piece is good enough.

Reactions: Tonyo155 and qball
Concur ... shooting about a 1000 rounds of 17HMR each spring. 125-150 yards is a realistic max.
just like any other launched projectile be it a slingshot and marble or muzzle loader etc ... brags of the obscene shot taken is an O'Wow moment, there just not realistic for all the other shots where you miss if only by a little. :mad: Pesting is like that, generally getting just a piece is good enough.
So what round is better for longer range shooting. The .22 rimfire or the 17hmr?

@athlon_oved what scopes for airguns would you suggest? My budget is $800. I like scopes that are MOA 4-16 zoom on up. The range is 100 yards or less.
If Iwas going to purchase one scope for everything including day and nighttime hunting for around that price it would be the AGM Rattler Thermal or the Sightmark Wrath 4k Mini Night Vision depending on if I wanted a Thermal or Night Vision. both of those are the best you can get for under 1k. If I was only dead set on a traditional scope today for under 1k, it would only be one and that would be the Arken 5-25X56mm FFP MOA. It has ED Japanese glass and is clearer than anything sub 1k that I've looked through and it costs less than 500 and you can pocket the other 300 for other stuffs :). If you're really only wanting 16x magnification I still would be looking at a high magnification scope than you want because on lower end scopes ( lower than $1800-2000) 16x magnification looks clearer on a 25-power scope than on a 16-power scope. Generally, the closer you get to the higher magnification the worse everything gets.
That's my story for this week :)

Reactions: Tonyo155
I really like the M3 as well. But this will be the second PCP I have ever owned. I want one with tunability but the M3 seems very complex. With the Panthera it seems easier to tune.
The M3 is super easy to tune. Really it is.

You literally can tune that thing to shoot everything from .177 to .30 cal pellets with one tune. All you have to do is rotate the power wheel after the caliber change and the valve adjuster knob.
---
It has 2 regulators <-don't let that scare you it doesn't complicate anything.
Set Regulator 1 to 175 <-- you'll not have to touch it again
1670585616404.png

Set Regulator 2 to 155 <- you won't have to touch it again
1670585643651.png

At this point you can use the Power wheel from 1 - 16 and to get close to the speed you want
1670585807052.png

Then use the Valve adjuster to fine tune it.
1670585671052.png

It's literally that easy.
However. if you want it to shoot more efficiently at lower calibers you would need to play around with the 2nd regulator, power wheel and valve adjuster knob.

@L.Leon I am just so frustrated with my self. Every hour I keep changing guns. I always change. Yesterday it was the Brocock Ghost HP. Now it is the FX Panthera. I change everyday and it sucks. That is why I

You kno why? You have "youtube expectations", I TOO WAS LIKE THIS. A lot of people who shot with me in the beginning of my airgun journey know this. The advice given here is all pretty sound. Buy an air rifle suggested, shoot it, learn its limits. Will my uragan 30 travel 200 yards ? oh ya, is it ethical to hunt with it at that range 99% of the time no.

I have this year realized that airgun hunting (with exceptions) is basically a 100 yard and under thing when ethics are involved.

If Iwas going to purchase one scope for everything including day and nighttime hunting for around that price it would be the AGM Rattler Thermal or the Sightmark Wrath 4k Mini Night Vision depending on if I wanted a Thermal or Night Vision. both of those are the best you can get for under 1k. If I was only dead set on a traditional scope today for under 1k, it would only be one and that would be the Arken 5-25X56mm FFP MOA. It has ED Japanese glass and is clearer than anything sub 1k that I've looked through and it costs less than 500 and you can pocket the other 300 for other stuffs :). If you're really only wanting 16x magnification I still would be looking at a high magnification scope than you want because on lower end scopes ( lower than $1800-2000) 16x magnification looks clearer on a 25-power scope than on a 16-power scope. Generally, the closer you get to the higher magnification the worse everything gets.
That's my story for this week :)
The AGM Rattler is $2,000.

The AGM Rattler is $2,000.
You got a lot more reading to do man, I don't want to sound like a douche but you don't sound as well versed as portraying. We know the rattler is $2000 , he also mentioned the wraith 4k mini, which i have one, it can be had for 800. Great little scope, wouldn't use it past 100 though, gets grainy on max mag and to me 75 is very fuzzy. Asking "what scope" is a huge open ended question.
FFP?
SFP?
MRAD?
MOA?
BDC?
Compact?
Lightweight?
High mag?
Low mag?

You got a lot more reading to do man, I don't want to sound like a douche but you don't sound as well versed as portraying. We know the rattler is $2000 , he also mentioned the wraith 4k mini, which i have one, it can be had for 800. Great little scope, wouldn't use it past 100 though, gets grainy on max mag and to me 75 is very fuzzy. Asking "what scope" is a huge open ended question.
FFP?
SFP?
MRAD?
MOA?
BDC?
Compact?
Lightweight?
High mag?
Low mag?
I am wanting a ffp scope, MOA, a clean reticle, lightweight, decent magnification. Any where between 4-16 and 6-24.

The ts19 is a horrible option for anything up close you will lose the target , I have been throught these discussions with Texas Feral Outdoors, the TS25-384 really suits an airgun best.
I'm giving them options for their price point. also that ts19 is not a bad option for a 1k thermal. it's the best sub 1k thermal on the market. I mean you could purchase a pulsar 6,000 or a Ricoh for 10,000 - 20,000 but that's not the budget they stated. it's a great option for sub 100 yard thermal.
If you want the up-most authority on Night Vision and Thermals I would suggest:

https://www.youtube.com/@TheLateNightVisionShow/featured
those two guys are the best online 'peeps' about those two technologies.
if you have questions, you can call them, and they will guide you.

if you are looking at Night Vision and/or Thermal look no further.
They are class acts. 100%