Best value based on these priorities?

I'm ready to upgrade from my spring rifle to a PCP rifle. I was about to go with the Gamo Urban, but now I'm unsure if that's the best choice for me after seeing some of the soon-to-be-released PCP guns at SHOT. (Hatsan Flash, Crosman Fortitude, etc.)

I'm asking for some suggestions based on my following criteria — listed in order of importance.

1. Cost - Under $400 please as I'll also need to buy a means of charging the gun
2. Accuracy - I compete in FT
3. Build quality - At least on the most important bits
4. Mfg. support - Knowing I can readily get parts/support for the gun

I'm patient, so if I have to wait for a new gun to be released I'll do it. And another note about my budget before someone says "if you only spend $$ more..." $400 is all I'm willing to justify given my family's other financial priorities.

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions.

With your budget, I'd suggest looking for any codes, coupons, specials, rebates, or holiday deals that you could take advantage of. Consider refurbished as well. 
Also, enter into any giveaway's or contests that you can find. I've got a giveaway going on my YouTube channel - Tomcat Airguns
There's another one going on here at AGN for a Wildcat MKII.
I just recently saw the Pyramid Air is offering up to $100 rebate on select Benjamin/Crosman products. 
I also think you'll get the best bang for your buck by going for a package deal such as a Discovery or Marauder. 
Of course, keep a close eye on the classifieds section. 

To clarify,
It sounds like your at $400 max for the rifle only. Then, you're already expecting to spend more afterwards on a filling system. Correct?
Tom

Also in agreement over the Disco/pump combo, very cool little air rifle for the money and I never had any issues with the Benjamin hand pump either so you can’t go wrong. If your into black guns then get the Benjamin Maximus/pump combo, I had the fortune of handling a fellow forum members Maximus and I’m tempted to get one now and I own or have owned most of the finest air rifles on the market so the fact that I would still consider a Benjamin Maximus or Discovery says something about their quality (for that price point) and their customer/aftermarket support.

$400 is really tight on the budget. Crosman offers a 25% discount with the AGNATION code and if you order on Fridays (at least in the past) there's free shipping. your budget pretty much restricts you to a pump / rifle combo.

For Field Target, are you limited to the European 12 Foot pound energy limit? If so, check out the Benjamin Maximus European edition. Retails at $220, with 25% discount = $165.
Pump is $190 and with the 25% discount it's $143.

If not limited by 12 foot pound limit, look at the regular Maximus. Same pricing as the Euro version.

Crosman also has a package of gun, pump, pellets, eye protection and a target for $350, so with the 25% discount it's $262.50 (only available in .22)

Next, you'll need an optic. Have you calculated that into the price, or do you already have an optic?

The big advantage of the Maximus is the 2000 PSI fill. Most guns are 3000 PSI and on a hand pump can be difficult.

Another option, though not available yet on the Crosman Site, is the new Crosman Fortitude. It retails for $300 (no discount, sorry bout that), is regulated, shoots well, and then a pump on top of that; however, that is slightly over the magic $400. Not sure when it'll be on the Crosman site so you can get the discount. Initial hype is pretty good.

Fortitude is so new, no reviews yet. It is tempting, but I'm waiting for reviews.

Maximus Reviews here:

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Last I looked, the Fortitude is still in Pre-Order. May not be available till next month. I would expect to see a review about mid March or maybe a little before.

Looks like an interesting combination of Marauder and Maximus, with a Marauder upper and Maximus lower. It is regulated, but that does limit adjustments a bit. Two edged sword as they say. We'll see next month.

I've got an Urban. Nice gun. One hole wonder in my back yard, but I have 20 yards, and that's not a challenge. I do think that some of the newer options on the market may be a better choice at this point, but all the new items at shot show are at least a couple of months down the road. I'd look hard at the Hatsan. The Marauder is still a great choice from all I've read. Lots of people here are fond of their Gauntlets.

Oh, on that budget, get a hand pump and prepare to do some exercise. Not too bad with the low buck guns. They tend to have small tanks.

Most of these guns will be over powered for FT. Heck, I think my 23 ft/lb Urban is, at least for the local competitions.

1st, who has what available at your local club? I have both made and been the recipient of some very thoughtful deals " just to keep the new guy coming back" , which is a well know phrase at one of my favorite FT clubs.

Available today, Gauntlet hands down ( I do own one ). You want regulated tho counting shots and carrying a scuba tank around does add to the fun, sometimes. The QB?Gauntlet trigger is just fine for FT.

Wanting to wait for new offerings ( do keep in ind dates do roll back and even vanish ) you wont be shooting the early Spring shoots and it is a wait and see thing.
One of the regulated crosman offerings would be a good pick as far as support/warranty/parts.

TON's of used .177 FT suitable rifles available right now , even in your price range.

John

@saltlake58 My club allows 20+/- ft.lbs. to shoot events.

I'll be pricing the scope separately - I intend to go with a Hawke fwiw.

I'm glad to hear all the suggestions regarding existing and upcoming Crosman products. I don't mind waiting for the verdict to come in on the Fortitude before making a decision.

Otherwise, I'm not above buying used. Heck, all of my current guns are better than new and I expect that most other used FT shooters are improved too.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback! It has been very helpful and I'm looking to see if there's a general consensus that develops.

Cheers!

Spike.b - 
​So few airgun shooters where I am, used really isn't an option. Hate the thought of mail order used, just don't know where it's been. If you know any FT shooters with used equipment, go for it!

​The only issue I have with the new lower end guns are the triggers. The Marauder has a good trigger, but reports on the Maximus are that it's medeocre at best. Accuracy wise, it looks pretty good. I suspect the fortitude will suffer the same limitations.

​Good luck on the move to PCP, it was the best thing in shooting I ever did. Brought economy back to shooting! Now, I can go to the range and while the guy next to me shoots $100 worth of ammunition, I barely scratch $3 or $4 in pellets. My 10 meter pistol gets 60 to 70 shots per fill and only takes 30 to 35 strokes on a pump to fill. It's a great hobby!

Hatsanusa.com has some great prices on refurbished guns. I believe i was looking the other day and they had the at44 tact .22 for 400. Good accuracy, decent shot count, good power and alot of gun for 400 imo. Also my first pcp was a gamo urban about a yr ago. Great gun for handpumping, got 30 usable shots and pumping was usually 60-75 strokes so pretty easy. Great accuracy out to 50, eats jsb 18.13's like candy. Shoulders amazingly well, almost a no frills rough bsa... Trigger is only bad spot, not so great but liveable... Would definitely recommend urban for hunting/ field carry due to its compact size, light weight, accuracy, and you won't feel bad taking it in the woods nd getting it dirty w the synthetic stock and price tag... You can pick one up currently for 299, and that coupled w a utg bugbuster compact makes for a pretty sweet 400 package...

"spike.b"So I see that Sportsman's Guide is selling .22 Gauntlets for $242.99 [Member Price].
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/umarex-gauntlet-pcp-air-rifle-22-caliber-285-barrel-10-rounds?a=2135988&_br_psugg_q=gauntlet
Tempting!
But I also really want to hold out to see how the Crosman Fortitude performs.
Ugh!
that gets a big WOW factor for the price. $243 if you are a member and only $270 if not. Either price is less than I ever expected to see a regulated gun go for. Plus, if memory serves correctly, it uses Marauder magazines which are inexpensive. It's reasonably accurate and really fits the bill.

So many choices, so little time and money.

Hey man I dont know if you realized that last message reccomending the maurader. That rifle is regulated is also a great stock for field target compared to most other non ft guns also it has a picatinny rail on top wich can be helpful but no big deal to me I like both. Picatinny is more common... Sometimes lol oh yeah and 20 dollars overbudget is still a good reccomendation. If i said 400 dollars is my limit but it would make the difference between me affording the fortitude or flash/gauntlet etc... or new maurader. Id like to know it was an option. Anyway cheers!