• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best value .25 PCP under $600. Any thoughts on my options?

Hey guys!

I am looking for a long-range .25 caliber PCP that is capable of around 1.5-inch groups or at 100 yards. I mostly do shooting prone or from a bench, so weight is not a problem. A Power and shot count doesn't really matter much to me, as I can simply tune it up or down myself. I have a hand pump and for some reason, I like pumping so you don't need to warn me about how much I'm going to be pumping. I am mostly looking at accuracy for hitting paper at 100 yards, along with hunting up mostly at 40 yards, but sometimes at a longer range. If it is possible, I'd like it to shoot .25 Nielsen slugs too, it would really help buck the wind, and carry more energy downrange. But I'm happy with a pellet-pusher as long as it's accurate.

So here's some background just in case you guys need it. I have been into airguns for 3 years now and I got my first PCP almost 2 years ago. My first PCP was a Hatsan Flash in .25, and it was a tack driver until a couple of months ago when the accuracy finally went downhill. I had bought it for 259 bucks off Amazon, and it performed way better than expected. I tried everything to fix its accuracy but nothing worked. I sold it, and with the money from the Flash, I bought a Kral Puncher Breaker in .25. It was really accurate right out of the box, I got .27-.40" 5 shot groups at 40 yards, and when I had the opportunity to shoot it at 100 yards, I managed to get 2-inch groups in moderate wind, and I'm sure I could have done better if it weren't for the wind. I probably shot around 500 pellets through it before it lost all of its air overnight. It was under warranty, so I sent it back to Pyramid Air and got a replacement. The replacement lasted a bit longer, but it also leaked air eventually. I sent it back, and got a benjamin marauder also in .25, and it is not only inaccurate, but it also is leaking air as I write. Yes I cleaned the barrel, yes I tried everything I could, but it just won't group. When I get the chance, I hope to send it back in the next few days for a refund.

So I seem to be having a bad luck streak. I actually may be forced to order a new one from Airgun depot instead, because, after THREE guns from pyramid air, I believe that they will think that I'm the problem. Has anyone ordered from airgun depot lately? I had to wait 12 days for my Benjamin Marauder to arrive, so I hope that I can get this new one as soon as possible.

I have chosen a few guns that I have read good things about, including Hatsan AT44-10 Long QE .25, Hatsan AT44-10 QE .25, Kral Puncher Mega Synthetic .25, and Hatsan BullBoss QE .25.

Any thoughts on these options? Is there anyone who owns these guns and can give their opinion on them? 

Three guns are down? What kind of pump are you using? You might be putting in a lot moisture in the guns if you are not using a good filter. It's really hard to beat the accuracy and the reliability of a .25 mrod.

Yes, three of them. I seem to be having a bad luck streak...

I'm using an $80 no-name amazon handpump. Yes, I realize that I may putting moisture into the gun, and I have a moisture filter in mind ready to order as soon as a find a nice gun. I mostly pump on days with low humidity, (which is rare for my area in April), and indoors to preserve the life of my gun and pump. It worked for my flash for almost two years, so I expect it to work well for years to come. I don't think that a bit of moisture was the cause of three guns to start leaking but I could be wrong. 

Three guns are down? What kind of pump are you using? You might be putting in a lot moisture in the guns if you are not using a good filter. It's really hard to beat the accuracy and the reliability of a .25 mrod.

I think they changed the barrels on the .25 mrods and have heard mixed reviews out of the box. To the op if you can bump it up a little I I would look at the kral knight which gives the ability to swap calibers. Also the kral jumbo 500 I think it is deserves a look. The moisture thing can happen but I don't think in the amount of times you had them.

Surprised your Kral Puncher Breaker 2x bad experience. Not surprised about the leaky Benjamin. The Hatsans aren't quite as refined as the Krals just so you know. I would just buy a 25 Gauntlet and do a little minor work to it if I were you and use the extra money to buy a Yong Heng and a good filter for it. YO!

Surprised your Kral Puncher Breaker 2x bad experience. Not surprised about the leaky Benjamin. The Hatsans aren't quite as refined as the Krals just so you know. I would just buy a 25 Gauntlet and do a little minor work to it if I were you and use the extra money to buy a Yong Heng and a good filter for it. YO!

In your experience, which has shown to be more reliable? Kral airguns or Hatsan? 

All I have is ONE Kral and I don't shoot it regularly so you know and at least a dozen Hatsans and all of the semiautos failed. The regular Hatsan side levers were fine no problems way too much power for my use. Very LOUD guns. The Hatsans for the most part seemed cheap and Kral hadn't been on the market yet. It takes a lot for me to get excited shooting a new gun because I have high expectations no matter cheap or expensive. The Kral Puncher Breaker was a wow factor for me in the accuracy department. I shot JSB half inch or less and cheap Wal-Mart Crosman pellets just over half inch at 50 yards and all was under one inch including the fliers. It shoots so good I wouldn't need to add a regulator for it. It has a really cool power adjuster too. It's a gun I didn't need to do anything to that shot great right out of the box. The Hatsans on the other hand is a different story. YO!