Best unmodifed .30 FX Impact for 230 yard slug shooting?

I have several FX rifles and shooting at crows in the tree at 230 yards is a pain with wind, pellets, parallax and scope settings. I would like to get an Impact specifically and solely for shooting slugs at 230 yards. Grab the rifle and go :) I don't trust paid reviews and would like personal experience and not opinions. I am completely comfortable with the Impact platform in repair (as well as the Wildcat and Revolution. I have had them all apart to the bare bones with no issues on assembling)....I just don't want to mess with swapping barrels,springs, hammers and what not to get to 230 yards accurately. The Maverick is too new/unproven for me, but may consider a Wildcat in .30 :)

Here is my .30 Impact at 230 yards. About a 6" cowbell, hit twice in a row with JSB 44 grain. Holding way over the scopes limits. Have since jacked up the scope, but that makes it unusable at closer ranges. The rifle is capable, I simply don't want to mess with swapping barrels for a slug liner and lowering the scope back down for different target ranges. Never mind the less wind effect on slugs. I just want a dedicated slug Impact for the 230 yard tree line :)
Click:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDUt2ncFjU

Try the NSA 60 grain slugs. Slugs in the medium to long size were most accurate in my Impact at those yardages with the SmothTwist-X A liner, but were slower. Whereas the shorter slugs were faster but not as accurate, having a bigger group size. You may know this, but you will have to put some power behind the slugs to keep them spun them up with the slower twist rate liners.

So I should be looking for a "FX Impact MKII 700MM Power Plenum"?
Choices....choices...choose?
.22 with 1:16 twist
.25 with 1:18 twist
.30 with 1:22 twist
I suppose those are all accessory barrels and not sold as standard with the rifles(?)
l really like the .30 caliber of all my current rifles that are in .22 and .25.
Is the .25 slug really going to be better than the .30 slugs for bucking the breeze?
Seems to be a good enuf choice of slugs in either caliber.

I like what your doing! Pushing the limits is a good time. I dont have an impact, but lots of experience with .300 slugs. I shoot 65.5 nsa slugs in a 1-26” twist at 970 fps, sometimes faster. At 230 yards, you gotta be pretty good with reading wind ( seems you are!). Ive smacked quite a few jackrabbits with them out around 200+. I say get your liner and impact, and start testing!

Once you got your gun shooting perfect and at a certain distance just leave it alone and buy another gun and scope for the next job.

Just one example what I mean is I got multiple FX Impacts in the same calibers so I don't need to mess with the settings for their specific slug and pellet.

Other guns are specific 200 and 300 yard guns the rears all jacked up to hell so no point in using them for closer under 100 yard shots to screw up their 200+ yard zero no? just buy duplicates and just set for 50 to 100 yards then you use the so-so lot# batches of ammo you know aren't the sub MOA at 100 yard anyway and use the better batches or your own home made pellets and slugs for longest distance shots.

When you have half dozen of the same caliber gun you pick the best grouping one at 200 yards and 300 yards and go by rank of accuracy and keep the junkest (least accurate put of the 6) your 50 yard and under one.

You will know what I mean once you get multiples of the same guns in the same calibers and shoot them at 200 yards and even notice it at 100 yards VERY FEW are gonna be consistent sub MOA but most aren't.

The title is a little confusing. Are you asking about ammo for an unmodified .30 Impact barrel that can reach out to 230y? 

Here's my (unsponsored) feedback - you can tune a 700mm factory Impact to shoot smaller .30cal slugs accurately, but the higher you tune it and the heavier ammo that you use, the less forgiving it becomes. Those lighter slugs aren't going to be al that great at that range unless the rifle is tuned very well and the wind is near dead calm.

I would agree that 60+ grain is more appropriate, but then harmonic problems have to be dealt with. The weekend after I shot my 700mm MKII accurately at 1/4 mile (.25 / 43.8gr), I spent an entire Saturday trying to retune it to perform like it did the previous weekend, but I failed. It was extremely stressful, but that rifle was pushed to (if not beyond) it's reasonable limits. 

I've only been able to get similar performance out of two other airguns - the EVOL .30 with 62gr Varmint Knockers (also 65.5gr NSAs) and my custom Taipan Veteran with 40gr .217 boat tail slugs. The EVOL barrel system is built to mitigate harmonic problems, and I'm not even going to begin to describe the modifications that I had to do with my Vet's hammer / valve / (FX) barrel system to shoot accurately at that power output. I did have to polish and firelap my EVOL bore, but that effort was on the conservative side.

Ultimately, you should start by finding the highest BC ammo that you can buy first, and then find the appropriate rifle to shoot them after you make that determination. Just my $0.02

20231020_175022.jpg