Best Survival Air gun for preperssss?

Ok curious about thoughts on the best survival airgun ?

Some come to mind,
1. Benjamin Sheridan 8 pumper .177 cal
2. FX Indy .177 Self Pump
3. FX Impact .177 with 12 FPE and hand pump = 720 shots per fill ?
4. Standard Springers ?
5. Condor with different tanks and pump ?

This topic has probably been discussed many times, Curious what rifle you would count on day in an day out for taking game?

Jay

Ultimately, the reality of this hits when you run out of pellets... then what? That's why I'd grab a good slingshot and get good with it. There's rocks everywhere! lol
I like the Indy or Independence for the accuracy. If you can put your game down with one shot, then you'll save ammo, effort, and time. The possible failure of O-rings, price, and weight are the concerning factors there. 
Well... I guess O-rings really apply to all of those choices. 
A Benji 392 or 397 pumper would also be a great choice. Cheap and light. But, it's less accurate at longer ranges and you only get one shot per pumping session whereas the FX's get 7 (depending on caliber). 
A hand pump with rebuild kit would be an absolute necessity for any PCP if we're talking grid down, lights out scenario. The great thing about the PCP's is the shot count, accuracy, and amount of choices.
A springer would seem like the best choice due to its simplicity, cost, and lack of additional gear. You just have to be able to shoot it with some level of accuracy. 
Personally, I'd stay away from .177 and .25 calibers. .177 is small and light. If your shot is a little off, you might would the game instead of killing it. :(
.25 has great knockdown power and long range accuracy but, it's more of an air hog and not readily available in stores like Walmart. Mail order won't be possible anymore. :(
.22 would be my choice. Good knockdown power, good accuracy, readily available. Most Walmart shoppers that have a pellet gun for their kids will have chosen .177. So, the .22's could be a little less desired and left behind on the shelves a little longer. Like I said, when they're gone, they're gone. Then, it'll be time to break out the slingshot! 

Honorable mention would be an arrow shooting PCP. The ammo is re-useable until it gets broken. It also allows for MUCH bigger game to be taken. 
Tom

Depends on what you mean by "survival." If you mean one to go hide with under a wet rotten log with and live like a wild man on the run, probably ought not to choose an air gun at all.

If you mean one you can take out on 2 or 3 day excursions for just enough shots to get you some meat to pack back home, I'd say go with a high efficiency .30 or a magnum powered .25. That way you can double lung shoot a whitetail-sized animal if the opportunity presents itself. My .30 Flex is easily a 60 shot gun in its old configuration, and it its Cobra configuration I'm about to upgrade it to I'm sure it will be a 100+ shot gun on a full 4500 psi fill at 70-80 fps. I'm also playing with a .25 Condor with an Escape valve and based on what I'm seeing its easily a 40 shot gun in the 65fpe range or a 10 or more shot gun at the 100fpe range. 

well i would choose the CONDOR and a hand pump for the knock down power and adjustability it provides,,, a 25 can produces a 100 ftp more than enough to take a deer ,,,id also get a pellet [bullet mold ,you can scavenge for materials to make ammo ,,or get some lead chunks,,,knowledge will be your greatest ally in a bad situation ,lets prar we ne have it come to this pat

If a PCP is feasible, I would go with something easy to pump and easy to work on. Stock up on pellets. I have never owned a Marauder, but I know folk work on them all the time. Maybe a Huntsman would work. Keep basic tools, and stock up on O rings. 

Otherwise I would have to say a springer. Solid platform, choose easiest one to work on (no big experience here) keep basic tools and a few spring kits/parts. 

Caliber would probably stay with .22 Depending on situation, maybe a .25 Marauder? If not moving around a lot, have a home base if you will, then I would keep several guns, including a .177 & a pellet mold.

Air Force Escape .25 very pumpable fill and huge power out of the box 95ft/lbs! I prefer hunting with it over my impact. I also have a 4500psi tank and Highflow valve I have been toying with at 200 Ft/lbs with 85 grain spritzers in .257. Don't think you wanna try and use that for prepping but its impressed me quite a bit. Hoping to go for Yotes this year.

Sorry, but I find the entire premise of this thread a bit silly. Like asking which bicycle to use if you really, really had to get somewhere in a hurry.

Remember that the very word “Survival” implies a life or death situation. While airguns make for a great hobby and can be used to kill things, there are much better tools for the job. 

Apologies if that opinion offends someone, just my two cents. 

"Mousefart"Sorry, but I find the entire premise of this thread a bit silly. Like asking which bicycle to use if you really, really had to get somewhere in a hurry.

Remember that the very word “Survival” implies a life or death situation. While airguns make for a great hobby and can be used to kill things, there are much better tools for the job. 

Apologies if that opinion offends someone, just my two cents.
I have to agree. It sounds nice. But if I have the time and fore-thought to stock up on pellets, I have time to stock up on rimfire ammo too. I don’t think it takes much reasoning why I would grab the pb out of the gun cabinet instead of an air rifle. I also agree that traps or snares make more sense yet.

The more I use it the more I am gravitating to answer TalonP with a good moderator. 24" long with moderator, 12" barrel, surprisingly great at 100 yards with JSB 34 grain OR cast 51 grain rounds (NOE mold, Bob's Boat Tail) and around 50 ft/lb out of the box with JSB 25.4's. Besides that it is super light weight and easy to hand pump.

Thurmond