Best sub $100 pistol.

What air pistol do you think is best in the sub $100 category, that is not CO2?

P17

Browning Buckmark 

Gamo P900 

Crossman 1377
PhotoCollage_20201227_154107546.1609112904.jpg

The 1377 is the longest distance accurate shooter. Perhaps give you 45-50 yards.

The P17 is accurate to 30-35 yards.

The Gamo IGT P900 sights are the weakest link. They are rated 0.20" accuracy at 10 yards per factory specs it's like a one pound plastic toy gun but accurate indeed and much easier to cock than the P17. Pretty quiet too quietest out off all mentioned here.

Crosman and P17 both good choices. I have a 125 Supertact and it is "interesting".

How's the accuracy on the Supertact with that stock? Any good at 30 yards?

I'd consider that about the absolute maximum distance shot for any small game, both for accuracy and energy. I don't shoot it nearly as often as I do most of my other springers.

I have a hatsan mod 25. Dont know if anyone else would like it and it's good amount of force to cock. Pretty "rough" feeling but powerful and fun to shoot for me.

Have many Hatsan's. Always wanted one of their pistols and will eventually get one. Will probably get the Buckmark when they are available again also.

Really like the P17 but it's a hard cocking little gun. The accuracy makes up for it. My crossman is fun to shoot but would be better with a stock with the unbalanced forward weight. 

I have a hatsan mod 25. Dont know if anyone else would like it and it's good amount of force to cock. Pretty "rough" feeling but powerful and fun to shoot for me.

Have many Hatsan's. Always wanted one of their pistols and will eventually get one. Will probably get the Buckmark when they are available again also.

Really like the P17 but it's a hard cocking little gun. The accuracy makes up for it. My crossman is fun to shoot but would be better with a stock with the unbalanced forward weight.

The Buckmark is Supposed to be really accurate. Don’t remember the comments on the trigger. It is a little on the lower side of power though. There was a couple for sale on eBay brand new for a decent price. That wasn’t very long ago but I don’t know about right now if they’re still there. I have been wanting to get another spring piston air pistol. There was a older Diana 5G for sale for I thought it was a cheap price but it sold real quick.The only downside I heard about that particular pistol was the piston seals would disintegrate after a while. And although the gun was supposed to be in good working condition, who knows how long it would’ve lasted until the piston seal needed replaced. So I’ve been thinking about getting a umarex Trevox Although it’s a gas piston. I would rathe like to find a vintage spring Piston if I can find one for a good price.

Get 3 P17s and still have enough left over for a tin of pellets! I love my P17. Hole in hole at 10 meters (when I do my part). Chronyed at between 380 and 420 depending on pellets. They are ultra easy to work on and have an amazing trigger. Only problems are the cocking force needed, and can be challenging to load of you have larger fingers.

Been shooting the Umarex Buckmark over a month. Pyramyd Air sent me an email; said they just got two units in. So easy to mount a Red Dot. Our 10 year old can cock it. Nice adult sized grip, too tiny a trigger curve and way too heavy pull but consistent. Plenty accurate but can't shoot off a rest. Seems the spring action does not like being restrained, the bounce off our rest changes the point-of-impact I guess. We use a pellet pen for loading. The visual gap between blade and rear notch when using the stock sights is tight for these eyes. Quiet, doesn't sound like a gun, but no one could describe it as a screamer, even with the alloy pellets we use. Trophy Target Green and GTO work best. Barracuda Green was not good, at least the tin we had. Satisfied. I have no experience with the other pistols.

Just got a P17. Buckmark is way easier to cock. If the trigger is like mine, very light pull weight. Will buy another Buckmark, but need to get a 1322 first! 1377s are awesome, more versatile than the Browning or Beeman.

The P17 does have a nice trigger 😁

When I first got my P17 I tore it down to make sure there wasn't the infamous burr in the cylinder. There wasn't got a good one. Polished the cylinder it a bit. Cleaned all the cheep factory grease and moly the parts before putting it back together. It will get easier to cock after its shot awhile. 

They are very easy to work on and all the seals are available at your local hardware stores.