• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Speed for .30 cal JSB and FX Pellets?

Hey guys. I'm trying to tune this .30 cal SK19. Before I waste all my pellets: 

Can you tell me some good pellet speeds for these 4 pellets? 

JSB 44.75gr

JSB 50.15gr

FX 46.30gr

FX 50.15gr

Thanks! -Nate 

20210711_133522.1626036161.jpg

YOUR barrel may like a different speed than that of another shooter. There seems to be widespread variability in this. Shot count important? Maybe a bit slower could be helpful. Trajectory will usually be better with more velocity. All relative. 890 might be "good" but 950 might be "better". Only shooting YOUR gun will tell.

Reactions: 850renxrs
What is everyone who posted on here’s level of aaccuracy at 890 or 905 fps? Single hole? Ragged hole? What liner are you using and barrel length? I’m shooting the FX 44.75 grain out of my Impact with 600mm barrel 1:22 twist STX Superior at 25 yards and I’m literally single holing at 937 fps. Haven’t tried out further due to space limitation but will do more testing.

That's the same results I am getting with the same liner using the 44.75 JSBs.
And, out of the original Smooth Twist barrel I’m seeing speed of 955 fps with the same group results. This is with reg pressure set at 150 bar so I’m not getting my shot counts but I’m wondering what else we are sacrificing besides shot counts. Is spin drift going to have an issue at longer distance due to 1:22 twist rate and speed ?

It's so easy to get wrapped up in speed... I've been shooting my .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 at around 855 fps and its as accurate as any gun I own. Why would I need it faster? Plus, the gun operates much more smoothly and is significantly more efficient. Don't get brainwashed by speed, especially with pellets! I shot a quick N50 card with it, 25 straight shots, no sighters, straight from the tin, and scored 247. Not bad...

Last edited:
It's so easy to get wrapped up in speed... I've been shooting my .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 at around 855 fps and its as accurate as any gun I own. Why would I need it faster? Plus, the gun operates much more smoothly and is significantly more efficient. Don't get brainwashed by speed, especially with pellets! I shot a quick N50 card with it, 25 straight shots, no sighters, straight from the tin, and scored 247. Not bad...
How is it being brain washed if it’s accurate and fast? Bucks the wind better with more penetration and ft-lb for kill power. Not everyone is a paper puncher.🤷‍♂️

How is it being brain washed if it’s accurate and fast? Bucks the wind better with more penetration and ft-lb for kill power. Not everyone is a paper puncher.🤷‍♂️
I’m more of a hunter than paper puncher. Bucks the wind better faster? Really? I disagree. So do most guys that shoot .30 caliber pellets. But of course you are entitled to your opinion. 😉

Opinion? No… experience!
Gotcha. Science be damned! No problem. Ever wonder why the top shooters keep the .30 cal at or under 900 fps when shooting in the wind. But I do respect your opinion. Errr, ahhhh, I mean experience. 😉
PS., I’m talking about 100 yards, not 25 yards since that’s all the further out your experience takes you, correct?

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Gotcha. Science be damned! No problem. Ever wonder why the top shooters keep the .30 cal at or under 900 fps when shooting in the wind. But I do respect your opinion. Errr, ahhhh, I mean experience. 😉
PS., I’m talking about 100 yards, not 25 yards since that’s all the further out your experience takes you, correct?
…. patiently awaiting the next move…like this guy…
46B1C79C-277C-43A9-BF3D-C75836E4A1C1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Centercut