• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Source To Order Alkin

The Coltri is a great compressor. Smaller and lighter than Alkin. Once had one. The Alkin or Coltri seems like a lot for air gunners but the pressures we deal with require a good compressor to be free of issues. I would recommend going on dive forums to check out the compressors and issues. Way more information than on airgun forums. My Alkin is now two years old. Right at 50 hours. The fan belt was twisting about a year ago. Replaced it and all has been great. Good luck on your choice.

I am finally ready to get serious about placing my order 🤙

If Im not mistaken, all the Alkin compressors are freight shipped directly from the manufacturer regardless of who I order it from and the prices are all preset by the manufacturer as well… so I suppose it doesn’t make much difference which authorized seller I choose to do business with as far as attempting to find any “better deals” is that about right?

Is there any source you know of that actually keep inventory in stock? I kinda wish I would have been able to finalize my purchase prior to 2023, as apparently Alkin no longer offers the manual shutoff version which could have saved me enough to pay for a JB Great White! 🫤

Where do you guys recommend I place my order through? I’m in California near Sacramento if that affects the recommendation - Thanks!
Air Tanks Plus is a local company for you. I think they are in Sacramento…plus they are great guys to deal with. They might even have one in stock you could pick up.

Mike

I was very lucky because I found a Bauer compressor in a junk yard. I bought it for scrap price. It was bare without any thing else. I had to build a DC power supply to power the adjustable pressure sensor that controls a 3 phase relay that operates the motor. That is not enough for overpressure safety. I also used an adjustable mechanical overpressure valve as well. Neither the pressure sensor nor the overpressure valve was cheap. If I remember correctly they were both over $200 each. I then had to make an output manifold to mount the sensors and output Foster. Even though the pump was cheap, my total build cost exceeded $1500 not counting my labor. Good compressors are not cheap.

I thought I would update this thread for anyone who may be interested in, or considering purchasing an Alkin W31… the prices are pretty much the same at all distributors because they are set by Alkin. After looking around at every distributor I could find, I ended up placing my order through Mike @ Baker Airguns out of Ohio. All said and done, they had the best “to my door” price because they don’t charge out-of-state sales tax and on top of that they also covered $300 of the freight charges, so their total price ended up being several hundred dollars less than any other source I checked with!
Negotiated the very same deal as you out of the New Jersey office just a few minutes ago. Sales service was excellent, I did not chase them they called me.