Best small diameter suppressor for Taipan with pwr plenum

I just purchased the power plenum and some additional parts with the intention of putting in a slug barrel in my .25 Taipan in the next few months. However. the plenum causes the air cylinder to protrude past the shroud, making both of my 1.6 diameter donnyfl suppressors a No-Go. It appears that suppressors with OD of 1.22 or less should work, but I want to know if Huggett, Odb, Donnyfl, or possibly another brand has the best sound reduction in this size category. Length anywhere from 5 to 7ish inches.

Here's a Silencer Specs Table to see your options of narrow diameter silencers.

Including comparative test results.

Cheers,

Matthias

Attachment

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Specs Table.1626446250.pdf

Reactions: CoyoteGod
You can flip the shroud around to get over that. Or I think a tanto is small enough but not sure.

Like @airdog said, you can flip the shroud so you can run any diameter suppressor.

How does that interact with baffles? I am assuming that one removes everything and swaps it to the other side of the tube, but is a different spacer needed on the otherside between unf cap and baffles?

I had this same problem once I changed the bottle on my Impact Compact from 300CC to 480CC for shot count. I have many moderators from different manufacturers, Hugget, DonnyFL, Silent Thunder Ordnance, 0DB, etc. I have sound that the 1.22 diameter moderators reduce the sound as good as your 1.6" moderators. I hear no difference in DBs between the Sumo, Ronin to the Hugget snipe and Koi. The sound that is produced I would say is better than the Sumo or Ronin and is more soft and less "snappy". But, your tune (amount of air being pushed through the barrel, barrel length) will also affect that. Prior to changing out to the Hugget Snipe Standard 1.22" I had the Silent Thunder Ordnance Sarrissa on the rifle. That was the most quiet moderator I had, the Hugget is marginally louder, but the sound left over is rounded off and not sharp, which I actually appreciate more than the actual sound reduction. The Koi has slightly more sharpness to the sound, but again, marginal. This of course if to my personal ear, my tune, my neighborhood layout for vegetation and homes, which affects the report back to your ear no matter the moderator you use. When I am out hunting, with less environment interaction on the sound, I am still very satisfied with the Hugget, I would say slightly over the Koi, but not quite as satisfied as the Sarrissa. Overall happy with the 1.22" Hugget.

You can flip the shroud around to get over that. Or I think a tanto is small enough but not sure.

Like @airdog said, you can flip the shroud so you can run any diameter suppressor.

How does that interact with baffles? I am assuming that one removes everything and swaps it to the other side of the tube, but is a different spacer needed on the otherside between unf cap and baffles?

Yep, you'll need to take up some empty space.