Best slugs or pellets

you didn't mention what caliber, so I'll just tell you my experience.. hatsan blitz 22..the good is crossman premier hollow point 14 grain from Walmart around $7 tin for 500..this is one of the major reason I went with a 22 caliber, cheap ammo and yet it shoots well.. I have also shot jsb 18 grain round nose and they were good.. I recently got a batch of jsb jumbo monster redesigned 25 grain pellets and although they hit hard and also are more quiet, they make you cock the gun every time.. I think it slows down the air too much..
I ran the jsb jumbo monster redesigned on my other guns and they were shooting, depending on what gun they were going 100-/+ fps slower than any of the others.. but if you calculate the fpe they retain more power and it's evident when you hit my heavy spinners..
I guess I should have tried them with the blitz over the chronograph but since they don't cycle i figured I shouldn't/wouldn't shoot them in the blitz..I don't know for sure if it's not cycling if it would wear or damage the gun or magazine over time... another thing I noticed is that with the 25 grain pellets it doesn't crack so much.. with the crossman it's louder than my Henry golden boy 22 LR lever action..
so honestly I wouldn't bother trying slugs at all unless you have something else to shoot them through..
but they are excellent at hitting hard.
I couldn't tell any difference between the jsb and the crossman premier other than it was a louder crack, and I know without a doubt it broke the sound barrier.. I recently shot a basketball size hornet nest out of a tree from probably 45 yards away, was shooting up at a 45° angle and what I did was cut the little finger size limb off the tree.. I can hit a 3" spinner with the gun at 50 yards in whatever you want, semi auto, 3-4 round bursts.. just get off the trigger as fast as you can, mine cycles 1200 RPM.. and I can still hit the spinner with full auto all shots.. and likely be on a quarter size group with the whole magazine.
another thing I want to mention is that it has a very hard trigger pull and it's not adjustable.. it is pretty simple to take the action out of the stock and then remove the trigger group.. from there I put some very high quality wheel bearing grease on the hammer and sear.. what I plan on doing is pulling the hammer and polish it and the sear.. my hammer has a pretty rough finish..
if you have any issues cycling with standard weight pellets you need to clean the barrel and I would pull off the side cover and wipe out the old grease and put new in.. mine was silver from lead dust.. I probably next time it needs cleaned pull the shroud too and clean the shroud, barrel outside and the gas piston..
hopefully this helps you. one other thing is that my trigger finger gets tired squeezing off accurate shots, so just a trick I found was when it gets tired, use the next finger and put your trigger finger on the side of the stock, it actually is more accurate that way for me because I am less likely to pull the shot with the hard trigger pull..
you are welcome to ask me anything else if you want to, or PM me is fine too..
Mark

you didn't mention what caliber, so I'll just tell you my experience.. hatsan blitz 22..the good is crossman premier hollow point 14 grain from Walmart around $7 tin for 500..this is one of the major reason I went with a 22 caliber, cheap ammo and yet it shoots well.. I have also shot jsb 18 grain round nose and they were good.. I recently got a batch of jsb jumbo monster redesigned 25 grain pellets and although they hit hard and also are more quiet, they make you cock the gun every time.. I think it slows down the air too much..
I ran the jsb jumbo monster redesigned on my other guns and they were shooting, depending on what gun they were going 100-/+ fps slower than any of the others.. but if you calculate the fpe they retain more power and it's evident when you hit my heavy spinners..
I guess I should have tried them with the blitz over the chronograph but since they don't cycle i figured I shouldn't/wouldn't shoot them in the blitz..I don't know for sure if it's not cycling if it would wear or damage the gun or magazine over time... another thing I noticed is that with the 25 grain pellets it doesn't crack so much.. with the crossman it's louder than my Henry golden boy 22 LR lever action..
so honestly I wouldn't bother trying slugs at all unless you have something else to shoot them through..
but they are excellent at hitting hard.
I couldn't tell any difference between the jsb and the crossman premier other than it was a louder crack, and I know without a doubt it broke the sound barrier.. I recently shot a basketball size hornet nest out of a tree from probably 45 yards away, was shooting up at a 45° angle and what I did was cut the little finger size limb off the tree.. I can hit a 3" spinner with the gun at 50 yards in whatever you want, semi auto, 3-4 round bursts.. just get off the trigger as fast as you can, mine cycles 1200 RPM.. and I can still hit the spinner with full auto all shots.. and likely be on a quarter size group with the whole magazine.
another thing I want to mention is that it has a very hard trigger pull and it's not adjustable.. it is pretty simple to take the action out of the stock and then remove the trigger group.. from there I put some very high quality wheel bearing grease on the hammer and sear.. what I plan on doing is pulling the hammer and polish it and the sear.. my hammer has a pretty rough finish..
if you have any issues cycling with standard weight pellets you need to clean the barrel and I would pull off the side cover and wipe out the old grease and put new in.. mine was silver from lead dust.. I probably next time it needs cleaned pull the shroud too and clean the shroud, barrel outside and the gas piston..
hopefully this helps you. one other thing is that my trigger finger gets tired squeezing off accurate shots, so just a trick I found was when it gets tired, use the next finger and put your trigger finger on the side of the stock, it actually is more accurate that way for me because I am less likely to pull the shot with the hard trigger pull..
you are welcome to ask me anything else if you want to, or PM me is fine too..
Mark
I got a used 30 cal Blitz coming. I am not not sure if polished anything. I should probably ask him. I can't PM yet not enough posts... 😂

Reactions: markhooper