Best slug for .22 Prophet Performance 2

You can pull the end cap off the shroud and look at the end of the barrel, if the end bushing looks like this, it’s the new RPB. If the end bushing is perforated, it’s one of the older barrels.
C2143525-F221-40A8-9666-A26779698F4A.jpeg

Reactions: DrahtDog
Only shot slugs from my CZ barrel. There were some posts back where people thought they got the new barrel only to find a CZ barrel inside the shroud. Figured will all the new prophet 2 owners out there, someone would have been testing with slugs in the new barrel.
Only shot slugs from my CZ barrel. There were some posts back where people thought they got the new barrel only to find a CZ barrel inside the shroud. Figured will all the new prophet 2 owners out there, someone would have been testing with slugs in the new barrel.
I am slowly testing slugs with this barrel in my P1, initially it looks like .217 to me, but have nothing really solid yet. .216 knockout 2’s surprised me with a nice group at 50 yards, but will have to see if it happens again, and at longer distances.
FE7EB3CA-58F2-44C0-B429-85BC8BA29BCA.jpeg

Reactions: Headshots
I have NSAs in various weights and some NOE sizers. Seems .2165 is good for my CZ barrel. Just need to push them harder and see how they do at distance. Rocky Mountain Reloadings new slugs showed promise in .217 but hit to the right of my NSA/Monster pellet groups. I was pushing them moderately at low 900s. Would like to see them pushed faster.

Ive been through many slugs with the P2 with RPB in .22. Most weights in H&N and a few in ZAN. It didnt like ZAN at all or JSB slugs, or ANY pellets.
The most consistent for me is the H&N 27gn in 217 followed by the 25gn. They dont like being pushed past 950fps and start to open up. There may be another sweet spot over 1000 but I didnt find it. For 27gn I need 156bar for that speed.
By the way, its been very troublesome and a real challenge to set up. Even now the speed spread at best is about 15fps. Im a bit disappointed with this balanced valve and wish I had got the P1 or something else entirely.
Having said that - today it shot its best ever group. 5 shots in a hole little bigger than a single shot at 55yds.

L to R NSA 20.2 X .216, .2165, .217, FX hybrid, MRD.
I’ll double check the actual pre-push sizes because there were a couple boxes of NSA’s from last year that are all over the place size-wise.
I’m still testing between .2165 and .217. It seems that the lands are not very prominent, and I think the .217 are just barely bottoming in the groove…but I don’t know a lot and freely admit that.
8B105775-731D-4718-BE13-AF359950322E.jpeg

It has been several months since I received the Prophet I. I was looking for a 50m benchrest rifle that could shoot JSB 25.39gr RD pellets accurately and at high velocity. with the cooperation of RTI, we received our Prophet I order with RPB barrel. This barrel works well with the 25.39gr RD and so far we have tested several batches with it, all of them got an average score of 243 to 245 in the WRABF 50m target.
For the slug, we had tests that, as other shooters said, the best diameter for RPB is .217 and .216.5 , We had good results with a 23 grain diameter 217 local slug sample. we are working on new slugs which we will share with you.

Ive been through many slugs with the P2 with RPB in .22. Most weights in H&N and a few in ZAN. It didnt like ZAN at all or JSB slugs, or ANY pellets.
The most consistent for me is the H&N 27gn in 217 followed by the 25gn. They dont like being pushed past 950fps and start to open up. There may be another sweet spot over 1000 but I didnt find it. For 27gn I need 156bar for that speed.
By the way, its been very troublesome and a real challenge to set up. Even now the speed spread at best is about 15fps. Im a bit disappointed with this balanced valve and wish I had got the P1 or something else entirely.
Having said that - today it shot its best ever group. 5 shots in a hole little bigger than a single shot at 55yds.
Weird. I can easily put the JSB Monst. Red. hole in hole from 880 fps to 970 fps @50y. Tell me more.

Reactions: Spinach
L to R NSA 20.2 X .216, .2165, .217, FX hybrid, MRD.
I’ll double check the actual pre-push sizes because there were a couple boxes of NSA’s from last year that are all over the place size-wise.
I’m still testing between .2165 and .217. It seems that the lands are not very prominent, and I think the .217 are just barely bottoming in the groove…but I don’t know a lot and freely admit that. View attachment 332130
Try some .218 if you can and let us know.