• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best size JSB pellets for AGT Vixen with CZ 0.177 barrel?

That was a great suggestion to use JSB Heavies!

Here are some results just testing 2 pellets so far. My first try was a bust since I was running out of daylight and couldn't get a comfortable setup. I was using some H&N Barracuda Power pellets. The preliminary results were disappointing about 1.5" at 38 yards. I chalked it up to not being familiar with the gun and not enough time to get the setup right.

The next day get the setup a little better but still can be improved upon. I cleaned the barrel using Patchworm others have suggested on another thread. I switched to JSB Heavies and the results after sighting in were pretty good. 1st group was number 10 with JSB pellets, 2nd was number 23 also with JSB pellets. Then I switched to some H&N to see how they would do. That was group 29, but it went so far to the right, it looked like I was aiming for 30! Then I switch back to JSB for the final group number 7 and the good results returned.

FYI some ballistic data for the pellets.

For 25 shots of the JSB 731 fps average, low 723, hi 739 SD 3.9

For 19 shots of the H&N 682 fps average, low 674, hi 695 SD 5.4

For size reference the target grid lines are 0.25 inch, the middle diamond is 1/2" across and the target was a 38 yards. My setup isn't completely steady and the lighting wasn't ideal so I think the results can be improved upon. My bench is wobbly and I don't have a great rear rest for the bottle/stock. I have some other pellets to try too, but I doubt that any will surpass the JSB Heavies. They look like a winner!

Vixen pellet groupings.1632615172.jpg
PY-P-388_JSB-Diabolo-Exact-Heavy_1513625537.1632615180.jpg
PY-P-735_HN-Baracuda-Power-177_1564000984.1632615187.jpg