Other Best shipping method for a heavy springer?

Just wondering what most prefer in shipping a heavy springer that can't have the stock removed. Probably not going to be cheap by any carriers.
I have a hardcase for it but finding a cardboard box to fit that in might be a pain. thanks
Why cannot the stock be removed ? How does one work on the rifle ?

When I have to do that: I go buy a sheet of Luan at the hardware store. The stuff is 1/5 of an inch and fairly light. I get all the bubble wrap I can and I wrap my gun up tight as I can and put it in the case and close the case then I build a box around the case made out of luan duct taped together at the corners and all seams inside and outside. It adds weight but it's your gun. I've never had a gun damaged in transit that I shipped.

Reactions: muddydogz
Please take the time and care to remove the stock. No packaging, other than a crate can actually save it from a stiff hit on the butt end, resulting in a broken stock at the wrist.
Think of the hours and cost you would lose in trying to locate and purchase a replacement stock for a long out of production gun. Much easier to take the time and precautions up front.
An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure...

Here is how I have successfully shipped many guns.

Reactions: OldSpook
I've been reinforcing the box with the stiff heavy cardboard angle that comes on appliances and kitchen cabinets. I cut it to length with a cross cut hand saw. Guys that unpack them save it for me because I treat them right. I also use carpet padding for packing. I get it from carpet layers. They'll give me a whole big bag for free but I give them 10$ or something because I'm not a cheap skate. Treat folks right and they hook you up.
Reinforce the box ends well unless you don't care if the barrel is sticking out when it arrives.

Reactions: PEP3
Most FFL transfer dealers are loaded with rifle boxes and very willing to give them away. I collect them. If I have the correct sizes I double box. If not, I use bubble wrap and shrink wrap. Then cut laminate flooring to the correct box size and fit it at the muzzle end. I’ve seen heavy guns protruding out of a box. Usually ship USPS.

Reactions: frankie
That's as easy as having them pick it up rather than drop off. I've never been asked what was image the box at the store.
Our UPS Store will not ship airguns. They always ask what's in the box. I say sporting goods. They say what specifically. I say air gun. They say no, or they make a phone call then say no. Having them pick it up is a good idea. That or I'll just keep using USPS.

Our UPS Store will not ship airguns. They always ask what's in the box. I say sporting goods. They say what specifically. I say air gun. They say no, or they make a phone call then say no. Having them pick it up is a good idea. That or I'll just keep using USPS.
Just tried to ship a Daisy BB Gun from the UPS store. I declared it to be a broken BB Gun. UPS store said they could not ship it and I had to go to the closest UPS customer center. I went to Fed Ex and said it was fishing equipment but cost me $5 more to ship.

Reactions: MJS