• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Semi auto air gun, Ed Gun vs Western Air gun vs Vs Huben vs LCS Air gun SK19

Can someone with experience using these guns please help me in choosing between a .30 Sidewinder S Compact or .30 Leshiy 350mm? The primary purpose of this gun will be to take with me on camping/backpacking trips so that I can hunt small and medium sized game. Therefore, lightness compactness are key. However, I would like to have the ability to take coyote or even (very small) deer) so power can’t be slacking either. It’s secondary purpose will be as a “truck” and “plinking” gun: I would like to be able to easily pull it out and start shooting in my backyard, on a hike, etc.

Any feedback and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I don’t mind spending the money, because I plan to use this gun for a very large percentage of the shooting I do. Thank you in advance to everyone who is willing to help! I could really use some input from a more experienced air gun user, and I will greatly appreciate any information provided.

Can someone with experience using these guns please help me in choosing between a .30 Sidewinder S Compact or .30 Leshiy 350mm? The primary purpose of this gun will be to take with me on camping/backpacking trips so that I can hunt small and medium sized game. Therefore, lightness compactness are key. However, I would like to have the ability to take coyote or even (very small) deer) so power can’t be slacking either. It’s secondary purpose will be as a “truck” and “plinking” gun: I would like to be able to easily pull it out and start shooting in my backyard, on a hike, etc.

Any feedback and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I don’t mind spending the money, because I plan to use this gun for a very large percentage of the shooting I do. Thank you in advance to everyone who is willing to help! I could really use some input from a more experienced air gun user, and I will greatly appreciate any information provided.
For bigger animals, bigger calibers.

For deer is better the Rattler .357 than any .30 Cal.

For smaller animals than deer, the.30 Cal is better.

For smaller animals than coyote or wild turkey, .25 is a super caliber.

For shooting big animals above 100 yards, a powder burner is still the ethical option.

Reactions: Coolhand
Nice shooting
I have owned a leshiy 2 and a huben specifically at the same time so I could make a better choice for myself, I have also shot the springbuck and the sidewinder. At this current time and all the things I have tested the huben 100% gets my vote. Now don't get me wrong the L2 is an amazing piece BUT for me the huben checked more boxes, I can go more in depth if you want some more information because I don't want to flood this thread with a crazy amount of data and pictures etc. I will say why it is my choice over the L2 is the huben is very very quiet I added a atom on Kelly's recommendation and in .25 even at 900fps it sounded broken I needed to get the chrony to double check. The next thing was on the fly power adjustment I have only just began my testing with different ammos but on my .22 I was able to go anywhere from 400fps all the way up to 1100+ with just the power wheel and reg at 140/150b in .22 with 25gr monsters I was able to get it to 58fpe now think about that that's 10fpe less than @CTairgunner1288 .25 but his is set up for a specific purpose just saying it has power on tap. Another bonus was like my buddy above said @CTairgunner1288 too was getting about 135 shots on a 300b fill in .22. Does the mag being fix throw me not even a little because it's 1 more shot over 2 mags on the L2. Compact size even with the atom was on par with all my Compact pcps and the bonus is your getting a full length barrel because of the bullpup configuration. The sidewinder has potential to be a great gun but doesn't feel as robust as others and I found the trigger to be sloppy it was not mine so it can possibly be adjusted. Springbuck is exactly that it had a Spring twang that re-cocks it and loading the magazine was a bit of a pain. Any questions at all please feel free to reach out.

View attachment 344630

View attachment 344631

Nice shooting
I have also owned a L2 in .22. And now own a Huben K1 and GK1 both .22.
They are game changers imo.
I sold the L2. Nice guns but I found it finicky with indexing. I fixed that by adding a washer on the R2D2 plunger. But what really got old for me was just 8 shot mags. I had ten spare mags, but it was still a pain having to fold the stock to install them. I also am not a big fan of tactical looking guns. Give me wood and metal!
I find the Hubens a joy to shoot and handle. 19 shot mag is easy to load, very robust build, and they are very accurate guns. Better trigger than the L2 as well, although I did install a screw plunger on both the L2 and the Leshy Classic to achieve a nice two stage trigger feel. I don't like the Russian creeping triggers.

This is all of course just my personal opinion. YMMV.
Here are a couple pic's of my Huben pair. Have Fun!

IMG_20240220_163633279.jpg
IMG_20240220_163531522.jpg

Now that I had the Huben pistol .25 for a couple months only one thing I like to say :

Amazing !!!!!!

The feel, weight, length are fantastic, the power and ease of walking up and down the power spectrum is also fantastic

This little pistol with the higher power capability can be placed in a carbine stock and be used to hunt big game with the precise brain shot, then easily detuned to shoot yard pests and have a ton of shots on tap......there's nothing like it on the market, not even close.

I see more Huben in my future, I would even get a Pup if they came out with a non regulated version.

Reactions: Coolhand
Hi Scott, nice set of guns. I have the GK1 in both .22 and .25. They are both great and now am thinking about getting a K1 too, but can’t decide which caliber. (I know the advice— get both— that’s why I ended up with two GK1s 🙂)

How do you like the K1’s wood stock? Also, how did you get the picatinny rail mounted on the GK1?
Hi TiPascal,
Thanks for the compliment.
I Really like the style of the K1 bullpup stock, and I'm a big fan of walnut.
Although, I'm not a fan of staining over walnut, which Huben and many other manufactures do.
SO, I sanded all that off, added the Ebony caps on grip and forearm, and finished with hand rubbed coats of Maccari RLO stock oil.
So now, I'm very happy with the look, which is always very important to ME!

For the GK1 rail mount, I used the two screw locations on top of the action, (rear sight screw, and center bleed screw), and supplied the appropriate screw thread & length to secure it.
Note: I've noticed not all GK1's have the forward bleed screw that mine has. Mine is a V1.

I own, and have owned, most of the top brands of AG 's.
Both of these Hubens are getting all my attention at the moment.
Get the K1 too, you will not be disappointed. In either caliber.

Have fun

Last edited: