• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Scope on a budget

Ok so I don't know if am looking for a fairy but is there any good scopes (best with included mounts, I mean why are these things so darn expensive? Why do I have to pay more then for my gun for a good scope and $70 for good mounts?!?!) under a lowly $50, and if not, then $65. 
Some I found:

https://www.airgundepot.com/centerpoint-3-9x32-scope.html

https://www.airgundepot.com/spartan-3-9x32-railmount.html

Then $65:

https://www.airgundepot.com/mantis-3-9x32-ao-rifle-scope.html

I don't know how good are amazon scopes, in fact I'm a real newbie to scopes so please help me out. 

Thanks, 
Antoni

@hawkeye69 I know, but its just frustrating that I have to spend more for the scope then for the gun.

Frustrating, yes. However, it is what it is. Spring guns are notorious for killing scopes. What this means to you is that you will spend $ buying more than one scope because you will buy a “cheap” one that will last a week at best, then hopefully buy a good quality one after......Or you can just spend a little more up front and spend $ only once. 

Also, you need to take in consideration that you are buying a budget gun. Most Springers of solid German quality cost over twice as much as the Hatsan. So, a $200 scope is not more than the gun. Everything is relative, see. 

I have a $450 Spring gun who’s scope is more expensive than it, for example. 

@hawkeye69 I know, but its just frustrating that I have to spend more for the scope then for the gun.

Frustrating, yes. However, it is what it is. Spring guns are notorious for killing scopes. What this means to you is that you will spend $ buying more than one scope because you will buy a “cheap” one that will last a week at best, then hopefully buy a good quality one after......Or you can just spend a little more up front and spend $ only once. 

Also, you need to take in consideration that you are buying a budget gun. Most Springers of solid German quality cost over twice as much as the Hatsan. So, a $200 scope is not more than the gun. Everything is relative, see. 

I have a $450 Spring gun who’s scope is more expensive than it, for example.

Ok I have decided I can spend $100 on a scope, are there any scopes below that price that a spring gun will not kill for at least a few years?

UTG 30mm scopes with their "TRU STRENGTH" rating are what you need to look for. They will replace them no questions asked if you keep the receipt. They are all a gamble with spring guns. My HW97 broke a Leupold that when new cost twice the price of the rifle in 2 years of use. Leupold fixed the scope and it is good again, you get what you pay for. Or you can get a center point from Walmart for $20 and replace it over and over. Don't forget a good mount, the RWS lockdown mount is a good one. If your mount does not have a vertical scope stop pin it will not stay on the rifle.

If you look at the total cost of shooting gun, scope, spring vs air, pcp vs pump. Then you get into pumping vs tank. It can be confusing or even overwhelming. Though the springer might start out as a less costly platform, with the recoil that's exerted less expensive scopes will break quickly. A used pcp with a hand pump will probably end up less costly and more accuracy over an entry level break barrel. On the old yellow forum a guy did cheap scope reviews, most at sub 50 and even 40 dollars. My friends grandkids are using these scopes on Marauders, Discos and a Gauntlet. Pine cones, ketchup packets, small containers, and old toys all are targets. They are shooting and using dots as holdover and connecting at some impressive ranges, given their ages. These scopes do not track, and at higher magnifications you or anybody else is not going to see a starling at 160 yards. for the sub 60 yard they work.

Here we go again,I think a good one piece mount will help out a lot...butt they are around $30....I have used "cheap" scopes for years on springers.

Cheap= about $70 or less plus one pc.mount about $100...I have used techforce,,no problem,centerpoint,may work a long time, may break in one hour....what springer do you have?,like brand,and power....a smooth shooting springer is a Big help in keeping a scope alive.

Some springers have a "stop" built in the rail,that does help out in keeping the scope from moving,does yours have that?

Take your time,there is no reason to spend a lot of money,butt spend enough to be happy with what you get.

Here we go again,I think a good one piece mount will help out a lot...butt they are around $30....I have used "cheap" scopes for years on springers.

Cheap= about $70 or less plus one pc.mount about $100...I have used techforce,,no problem,centerpoint,may work a long time, may break in one hour....what springer do you have?,like brand,and power....a smooth shooting springer is a Big help in keeping a scope alive.

Some springers have a "stop" built in the rail,that does help out in keeping the scope from moving,does yours have that?

Take your time,there is no reason to spend a lot of money,butt spend enough to be happy with what you get.

I’m getting a hatsan mod 95 spring version, and I think I’m decided on getting a hawke vantage 4x32 scope on it. I’ll get a 1 piece mount with it and that will total to about $100. Maybe I’ll save up to get a Diana Rz mount that would hopefully save my scopes.

The Hawke 4x32 isn't springer rated over 12 fpe. 

1555533946_14637166415cb7907aa0f415.29134529_605BC487-0261-4CF5-A887-499C40B631B5.jpeg

The Hawke 4x32 isn't springer rated over 12 fpe. 

1555533946_14637166415cb7907aa0f415.29134529_605BC487-0261-4CF5-A887-499C40B631B5.jpeg

Does this mean it will break quickly in a 20fpe springer? If so, do you know any Airmax scopes that are mabey used or something that go for $100 or less?

Yes I think they put this disclaimer in for this very reason. I’ve looked at Hawke Vantage line of scopes before and I seem to recall that most of the scopes in Hawke Vantage line had this disclaimer. I’m by no means a scope expert though. I’m not claiming any personal experience with this scope but I’ve heard good things about it and it’s claimed they are magnum springer rated. If you buy from a place like Pyramyd Air they should back your purchase. 

1555537072_15023748825cb79cb0dcaf21.42759562_C3614F47-5B10-4950-A908-D69E34AAE4DB.png

probably and especially a gas ram like the Hatsan95. I bought a 4 X 32 adjustable objective ,duplex reticle, Brand REX from Flying Dragon Air Rifles for $60 that has held up so far.I have it on my (spring) break barrel Xisico B25H 22cal. I did however end up buying BKL Double Strap scope rings for it because the scope kept twisting in the UTG rings. You could try that,no promises tho if it will hold up to a gas ram.

probably and especially a gas ram like the Hatsan95. I bought a 4 X 32 adjustable objective ,duplex reticle, Brand REX from Flying Dragon Air Rifles for $60 that has held up so far.I have it on my (spring) break barrel Xisico B25H 22cal. I did however end up buying BKL Double Strap scope rings for it because the scope kept twisting in the UTG rings. You could try that,no promises tho if it will hold up to a gas ram.

I’m getting a spring version

I had a Vantage go bad on a 13fpe HW95 (not an especially high recoiling gun) and I sent it back to Hawke under warranty (Hawke has an excellent warranty as most are aware). When I was speaking with Hawke customer support getting a RMA number I asked the "support guy" about the Vantage line of scopes. The Vantage was recommended for 12fpe max power level springers and the Airmax (or above) was recommended for springers above 12fpe.