best scope I can get for $300

I discovered the SWFA SS on this site. I bought a 10x fixed on the demo list (Demo A). I couldn't be happier and I have other scopes that cost as much or more.

The only thing I wish are two things:
- I wish the SWFA SS 10x42 I bought with side focus DID NOT have a sun shade built in. I like the shortest scope possible. (pure aesthetics) 
- I'd rather have a 6x or 8x than a 10x. Those babies are HARD to find with parallax adjustment down to 10 meters or yards! In fact, I can't find one.

"briansmith"I have a swfa ss 12x42 coming. Excited to see/try it. Brian
Brian just got to use mine for the first time yesterday, very impressed seems like a whole lot more adjustments in the turrets then my Leupold, glass is by far just as good as the Leupold. Turrets are a joy compared to any other scope I have used (not many). thing is built like a rock

let us know how you like it 

Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 1in Riflescope is an excellent choice due to ***Moderator Edit: hidden link removed*** waterproof and fog proof design. This piece is available under $300.
You can’t go wrong with SS, I’ve had 4 10x42MQ and regretted each time I sold them.
I hope the op has found a scope by now. This was posted 4 years ago:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a SWFA 12x with MOA reticle on my HW97. The optics are bright and the scope is durable. In the $200-$300 range its hard to beat. The reticle is practical with enough holdover marks and the clicks are positive without any slack. I have the sunshade, but haven't needed it since the scope has an integral one.
A couple of other options are from the Clearidge line. I have their 3-9x32 ($220) with fine crosshair and 4.5-14x40 ($320) with duplex dot. Both have clear optics, made in Japan, springer rated, and lifetime warranty. For target shooting I prefer the fine crosshair. The duplex dot is very fine and a better option for silhouette or hunting. Their customer service is the best I've dealt with.