• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best scope for backyard plinking and targets ?

these are what I purchased for my Beeman Rx,, I have not put them to test yet as I have repair my Beeman first, it has an air leak, it is an air ram
also it has a bent barrel that I need to straighten out before I can get the scope to align
this scope has a good record for withstanding springer recoil,,, in my search efforts,,, but the Centerpoint is the cheapest optic I own
UTG Pro US Made 30 mm/2Pcs Med. Profile Poi Airgun/.22 Rings
CenterPoint Optics 3-12x44mm Rifle Scope LR312SFT2

Last edited:
Everyone has favorite brands for both scopes and rings/1 piece mounts, so there is NO wrong answer. For myself, my HW95 .22 and Beeman R9 .20 both wear Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scopes.
For the HW95, I used BKL double strap rings wanting silver to go with the silver bling on the Craftsman Vit stock it now sits in.
HW95-CV stock 2.jpg
For the R9, it currently has a set of reversed Hawke Match mounts with a 1 inch offset, but I'm liking the BKL's and at some point will have a set on the R9.
Beeman R9 .20.jpg
No doubt you'll get a lot more very good suggestions and I don't envy you trying to choose...lol. If in doubt if something is airgun rated or not, ask here on the forum or you can always email the makers and ask direct.

Reactions: bluehusky424
Like Tom B, I'm mostly a backyard plinker. My latest purchase is a Monstrum G3 4-16 x 50 that I have had for several months now. I like it a great deal, but I've got my eye on that Hawke 4-12 x 40AO Airmax scope. Both units are sub $300 (I think the Monstum is a little cheaper) over at the A-Z-N store. Either one seems like a good deal to me with both of them having a good company reputation. Can't go wrong with either of them. A lot depends on your budget too! Be sure and let us know what your final decision is. No matter what you decide, it may be your first purchase but in all likelihood it certainly won't be your last! Good luck. :>)

Everyone has favorite brands for both scopes and rings/1 piece mounts, so there is NO wrong answer. For myself, my HW95 .22 and Beeman R9 .20 both wear Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scopes.
For the HW95, I used BKL double strap rings wanting silver to go with the silver bling on the Craftsman Vit stock it now sits in.
View attachment 441621
For the R9, it currently has a set of reversed Hawke Match mounts with a 1 inch offset, but I'm liking the BKL's and at some point will have a set on the R9.
View attachment 441623
No doubt you'll get a lot more very good suggestions and I don't envy you trying to choose...lol. If in doubt if something is airgun rated or not, ask here on the forum or you can always email the makers and ask direct.
Really like the blue stock, where is it from?