Best rifle for 25 yard offhand target shooting?

Tried a search sorry if this has been covered a hundred times.

With winter on its way looking to keep shooting, have access to a 25 yard indoor range.

For simplicity, economics and to keep noise to a minimum looking at getting an air rifle.

Will be used for offhand target shooting 95% of the time, would like something that could be used for an occasional rabbit that attacks the garden but not looking for "magnum" power etc.

Prefer a springer/gas piston for simplicity.

Will be using an optic due to older eyes, probably a 4x fixed.

No preference to caliber but .177 seems more common/readily available.

Looking at rifles like the Beeman R9, Diana 34 etc- have no preference whatsoever.

Suggestions?

Tips?

Gas piston suggestions?

Just hoping to get pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Which ever gun you choose, try customizing it to fit you. Back when I was competing things like a forend rest pad an adjustable butt pad and adding small amounts of weight to valance the rifle nade hugh differences in my ability to shoot consistantly and acurately. Having your rifle fit you correctly is far more important than which rifle you choose. 

I recommend 2 options

1.) FWB Sport break barrel spring Best factory iron sights ever.

2.) Diana 340 gas ram. WOW! Accurate.

I have really good eyesight and love shooting them offhand and at 50 feet in the basement in the winter. Both are my most accurate break barrels. I also like the recommended HW rifles. HW95 is prolly best with a scope.

For offhand shooting at short distances, an hw30 in .177 would be my choice by a wide margin. These guns are easy to handle, relatively light, very accurate and easily capable of small game hunting at 25-30 yards. For extended offhand shooting, weight = fatigue.

R

I recently purchased an HW30 for this exact reason. EMrider is correct, they are marvelous rifles where less is more. Cocking effort on the HW30 is negligible and accuracy is amazing. With a small scope it weighs less than six pounds making it easy to shoot.

Where would be a good place to purchase from- I haven't seen any of these rifles in stock anywhere.

Krale has the HW30s .177 in stock, not the 50s. Very fast shipping I've bought from them a couple times, won't find a better price on a Weihrauch. They get the guns in all the time so keep checking if they don't have what you want.

https://www.krale.shop/us/weihrauch-hw30-s/

If you can find one, a FWB-124. Really nice, easy to cock, great balance.

+1 on that! I love mine, had it for about 45 years now and will not part with it. I cannot remember what kind, but replaced the factory front sight with a globe sight that allows inserts to be changed, removed the factory rear and have a Williams receiver sight installed. If I really want accuracy I go for my FWB 300 , not as handy as the 124 but heavier, better sights, trigger and made more for position shooting than quick handling.