• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best plinker?

Where did you get the barrel band with adapter for the LDC?

Reactions: Coolhand
Lar -

Well...I give up...for now. I have no idea where I put those damned o-rings.

In any case, if you have a dial caliper (you should !), just measure the ID and the OD of the groove in the barrel. Then measure the thickness of the o-ring.

I bought mine at McMaster Carr. I'd assume that Grainger and other locations that sell o-rings will have their sizes posted. As I did, you'll probably have to buy a minimum of 10 each.

I'll let you know if I find them.

Here is the trigger adjustment videos. 1 through 6.
As I recall, the HW 45 is much the same as the P1.

Mike
@MikeVV

Thank you for the tip on the trigger adjustment videos. Really great content, and so easy to follow. Finally got time/around to doing it tonight. MUCH better. I had lots of slop before. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

-L

Ok. Trigger makes a difference. 15 shots offhand standing at 12 yards. Bottom flyer was all me -- last shot and I didn't followthrough.

Thanks again for the tip @MikeVV

20230214_082744.jpg

Ok. Trigger makes a difference. 15 shots offhand standing at 12 yards. Bottom flyer was all me -- last shot and I didn't followthrough.

Thanks again for the tip @MikeVV

View attachment 332189

GREAT...a man that admits that the flyer is "his" doing !

No problem, glad I could help.
Looking good. Looks close to my pattern if I say so myself !!

Keep on shooting, you'll get even better. Next pellet purchase, try the Meisterkuglen, Professional Line of wadcutters. These may help.
Too bad these guns don't have a magazine, instead of being single shot. Like the small Umarex disc mag.s, that fit inside of their guns.

Mike

Ok. Here's what I've figured out in about 900 rounds through this springer. You have to follow through, you have to have a hold that's repeatable, you have to have consistent sight picture focus, and you cannot jerk the trigger.

First group I've done where I haven't obviously done those one at least a shot or two.

12 yards, standing offhand, stock sites, 15 shots.

20230221_181324.jpg

😳😔
They closed

Screenshot_20230221_183448_Chrome.jpg

A pistol I did not see mentioned here (unless I missed it) is the Gamo Compact/Air Venturii V10. It is a great deal of fun, and very accurate, for a small outlay in cash...

A pistol I did not see mentioned here (unless I missed it) is the Gamo Compact/Air Venturii V10. It is a great deal of fun, and very accurate, for a small outlay in cash...

They look nice but the pure match grips dont do it for me --- just a personal preference. If they had a "sport" model I think I'd be on it.

I’d vote for the FWB 65/80/90 series of pistols. Easy to cock, respectable power, and extremely accurate. That, and they’re entirely self contained. They are great plinkers, and when you get tired of fooling around, you can try your hand at 10 meter shooting.
I like my FWB 80 but have to say that narrow cocking lever is not the easiest thing to cock. No problems with power and accuracy, but for a more extended session I like the IZH/AV 46m, much easier to cock and a much better trigger. I cannot comment on the FWB 90 with the electronic trigger