• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Best PFT specific scope???

All of the UTG reticles are thin enough for PFT. The 3-12x32 Bugbuster is smaller and lighter, but the 3-12x44 Compact is better for FT. There are several versions of it. I use the wire reticle version (standard mil-dot sizes) and it's fine. The etched mil-dot reticle (non-standard mil-dot) is a little odd but it's OK too if you like a little thinner reticle.

Have used quite a few different scopes in PFT in recent years. Personally have found that an older HAWKE panorama 4-12x50 AO with 1/2 dot 10x reticle is simply the cats meow !

The AO parallax focus is very well defined in the 10-35 yardage, image bright and clear, reticle tight and well defined w/o being too busy.

Scope mounted as far forward as you can ( offset rings ) reduces the eye relief relative to your grip / hold on pistol.

After years of shooting PFT and fortunate to have won 4 state PFT titles it is of my opinion HOW YOU HOLD, SIT & ESTABLISH A STABLE POSITION to shoot from is more important than the optics used.

Scott S

Have used quite a few different scopes in PFT in recent years. Personally have found that an older HAWKE panorama 4-12x50 AO with 1/2 dot 10x reticle is simply the cats meow !

The AO parallax focus is very well defined in the 10-35 yardage, image bright and clear, reticle tight and well defined w/o being too busy.

Scope mounted as far forward as you can ( offset rings ) reduces the eye relief relative to your grip / hold on pistol.

After years of shooting PFT and fortunate to have won 4 state PFT titles it is of my opinion HOW YOU HOLD, SIT & ESTABLISH A STABLE POSITION to shoot from is more important than the optics used.

Scott S

Seems like that particular HAWKE scope is very well liked and not available on the resale market. You wouldn’t happen to have one you are willing to part with?

Thanks,

Dennis

Be advised that there are TWO different 3-12x44 UTG MINI SWAT scopes and suggest you look through both side by side before choosing either. They look identical on the outside.

There are two different 3-12x44 Compact SWAT "mil-dot" scopes. But there is also a version with a umoa reticle, and it looks somewhat different on the outside.

SCP3-UM312AOIEW - Wire mil-dot reticle
SCP3-UGM312AOIEW - etched mil-dot reticle
OP3-GM3124UMOA - etched umoa reticle

Scott S

Thanks Scott S

I just ordered a1720t and will also be looking for a PFT specific scope. I was thinking of the MTC Viper Connect 3-12 but now I’m wondering if there might be some better currently available options. Any ideas? Uj

Shot with one for 2 season in PFT
1598668496_15312984995f49bed0cb79a2.24283507.jpg
And while it allowed ocular contact face checking which aided hold stability ... the quality and sharpness of the viewed image was never crisp and clear. ranging was just so so also never being a crisp snap in out parrilax focusing clarity.

Cool as these scope are .. gets a thumbs down for PFT