• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Pellets for Umarex/Diana CO2 pistols?

I have a Umarex Beretta 92fs for a few weeks and a Diana Chaser on the way. I haven't used CO2 pistols since I was a kid and these are a heck of a lot better. But I've fallen into the quest for the best pellet to use in these lower power guns. I've tried a few different pellets:

- JSB Exact 7.87grn - shots very well and consistent but a little heavy and leads to slower loopy shots.

- Meisterkugeln 7.0grn - these seem to fit a little to snug and shot slower that the JSB Exact above. Very surprised about this as these work great in my Beeman P3. I am hoping these work in the Chaser as the article on Pyramid by Dennis shows them to be quite good in this gun.

- H&N Match Green Lead Free 5.25. Will get these over the weekend and have high hopes in these lower power guns. 

I also have a Umarex Walther CP88 Competition on the way so I'm hoping it likes whatever pellet the Beretta does. 

Anyone else have recommendations for good pellets to try in these guns? I'm considering just going to Walmart and trying out a cheap tin of whatever brand of .177 wadcutters they have in stock. 

I've got several CO2 pellet pistols. They shoot an amazing array of pellets as you've noted. I especially like the RWS Hobby Wadcutters, the Beeman 7.2 HPs, and the Daisy (made in Spain) 7.5 Wadcutters. The last two are the cheapest that I can buy, with the heavier CPHP 7.9s just a tad more expensive. For me, keeping the cost of the pellets down has become important for my fun CO2 repeaters.

Arch_E