• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid Best Pellet in RAW HM1000x LRT .22

I have a new, unmodified RAW in .22. I read that it is designed/manufactured/tuned at the factory to shoot the 25.39 grain pellets at around 930 fps.....and moa accuracy at 100 yards.

What has everyone else found to be the best ammo for these rifles? Just in the JSB family of 25.39 pellets there are a number of options. Standard mrds, deep base, shallow base, FX branded, etc. Is there one of these that will consistently outperform the others in the RAW?

You will need to try them all. If you want the highest accuracy, then selecting the right pellet for your rifle will require some dedication and a little testing. Buy one tin of each of the .22cal 25.39gr offerings and test. Remember that changing the velocity up of down by 10-20fps can yield marked improvements in group size. When you do find the right pellet, buy 10 or 20 tins immediately with the same lot # if possible.

When i spoke to Martin Rutterford on this topic, He suggested to use the MRD shallows.
You will need to do a lot of preparations for your pellets for any kind of consistency for shooting 100 yards
When the current company tests out the rifles, they are locked in a shooting rest and firing in an indoor range.
shooting MOA...well, that's on you and your ability.

I appreciate the replies. Just looking for feedback from folks that have these and already know what works for them.

I have other airguns that shoot the 18.1 great. My Brocock Sniper HP shoots them and they 25.39 mrd great, but I can easily select different power levels to match for each pellet. I tried the 18.1 in the raw, but without tuning it down, its shooting them too fast.

I understand from the factory that the RAW is set up to shoot the 25.39. Was most curious if there was a particular 25.39 that everyone found to work best. I'll need to get some shallow base and try them. I only have the standard mrd as well as the fx branded version. I didn't find that either shoot any better in my raw than my Brocock fwiw. Although that's still pretty good, but I'd like better.

I had Martin detune my .22 to shoot the JSB 18gr @ 970fps and I also shoot NSA 17.5 & 20.2gr @ 950 & 930fps respectively (same tune). It's more cost effective for me since I shoot almost daily and the 18gr are much cheaper than the 25gr. I shoot the 25gr rarely but they are accurate @ 870fps on this tune, 100fps slower than the 18gr, my barrel is not pellet picky.

I have great experience with RAW guns made to order by Martin.

But found a bad barrel on mass produced RAW gun made under Airforce banner.

May be just a chance.

Bhaur
Bad barrel can happen in any brand so I wouldn't let it stop me from getting another

I have a newer .22cal that I got from Martin. The first 2 LW poly non-choked barrels were not accurate with any pellets or slugs that I tried at any speed. The third barrel is choked and is pretty accurate with the 18.1s at 965fps and very accurate with the new MRD deep pellets at 940fps. This is shooting up to 50 yds. I haven’t yet had a chance to try the deeps past this.

I have a newer .22cal that I got from Martin. The first 2 LW poly non-choked barrels were not accurate with any pellets or slugs that I tried at any speed. The third barrel is choked and is pretty accurate with the 18.1s at 965fps and very accurate with the new MRD deep pellets at 940fps. This is shooting up to 50 yds. I haven’t yet had a chance to try the deeps past this.
which third barrel might that be, is it the poly barrel or cut barrel?

I’ve had really good luck with the JTS pellets in 25.39 and 22.07 grain.
I've never tried the JTS pellets. Add these to my list to order. One of the fun aspects of getting a new airgun is experimenting with different pellets and finding which ones shoot best. It's nice to narrow the list down to a handful that others with the same gun have had success with.

I've never tried the JTS pellets. Add these to my list to order. One of the fun aspects of getting a new airgun is experimenting with different pellets and finding which ones shoot best. It's nice to narrow the list down to a handful that others with the same gun have had success with.
I don’t know about your gun but I’m running mine at 1000 fps and it seems to really like it.

RAW .22cal rifles are indeed factory tuned to shoot the 25.39gr at 930fps. The factory uses JSB MRD’s that were available just before all of the new options. As I said, with all of the options available you’ll have to buy them and try them. I found that Daystate RangeMaster Kings 25.39gr work best for me at 920fps. I can get 1 MOA at 100yds on a still day. Daystate RM Kings are made by JSB and look almost exactly the same as MRD’s.

Reactions: Dairyboy