• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Best pellet in a 22 synrod

My 22 syn-rod loves the H&N Barracuda Match 21.14 domed pellets the best and will stack pellet on pellet at 25 yards. It will shoot the CHP 14.3, but not as accurately as the H&N's. I was told by a friend that works at crosman that their 22 barrels like the 5.53 size pellets and he was 100% right. I tried the H&N FTT in 14 gr weight with the 5.53 head size, but they weren't any better the crosman pellets. Going to stock up on the barracuda match for sure.

Crossman pellets are made for crossman guns. I bought several different pellet brands and weights to try but it has been shooting the Premier domes fantastic. Shot this morning with it and had very good groups at 40 yards. If the wind would have cooperated I beleive I could have got close to a dime group. At $9.00 a tin and the gun shoots them fine, kinda hard for me to switch. Dirty pellets though! My son was smacking a praire dog target in the head easily at 50 yards and was able to hit water bottles 8 in a row at 75 yards. Only had the gun 2 1/2 months so still exploring it's abilities. I do plan to test all the pellets but won't have a free day till next month. I will try to post some pics of the groupings when I do. Although the Marauder is an entry level gun, I am quite impressed with it! My son likes it better than my .22 Cricket Carbine. Darn kid is shooting so well not sure if I want to find out if there is a better pellet and have him start out shooting me. LOL