I’ve learned some. That MAC is and interesting gun. I’d like to know more about them. One of the things that I am surprised about is that the Daystate Red Wolf hasn’t been chosen. It’s one of my favorite guns. Maybe a real close second for others as it is for me.

MAC1 USFT was all the rage 10-15 years ago, at least in Field Target circles. They're made by Tim McMurray of MAC1 airguns. They were kind of the predecessor to the Thomas guns. They come in regulated or non-regulated. Mine and Steve's are unregulated. Different concept than typical airgun makers. The unregulated uses a massive tube that I think is basically a full volume plenum. I saw an estimate somewhere that it's something like 800cc. They're also a low pressure system. I get 48 shots (right under 20fpe) within 30fps with a fill pressure from 1500 down to 1250psi and then refill back up to 1500. They just sip air-standard 3000 psi scuba tank will fill mine for months. They use 16mm Lothar barrels, no machining necessary. Mine has a polygonal .177 on it and I also have a .22 that is a drop in. You load the pellet directly into the barrel, can see down the whole barrel from the rear of the gun. Unique swing breech system. Mine has truly been phenomenal, Steve was referring to me winning the shoot off for our monthly match in October, called the Founders Cup. I also shot my first perfect score with it back in August, 48/48. I think it was in 2013 that Tim won the EBR with one configured for high power .30. That version used a bottle and a regulator. 

The true "USFT" version has a canted grip, so that when in field target position the grip and trigger are in a more ergonomic position. Mine is what Tim calls the "hunter" configuration, which just means the grip is at the normal angle the rest of the gun. The grips supposedly take 1911 grips, haven't changed mine out from the rubber ones it came with. 

You also cock a hammer before each shot. The hammer kinda resembles a revolver hammer and is threaded for weights to be added for increased hammer strike and therefore more power. Gun also has a port restricter and hammer spring tension adjust for tinkering with fpe. 

Tim was the maker (I'm guessing a couple hundred are out there), and actually still makes them. But the credit really needs to go to LD, Larry Durham, as he was the creator of the concept and made the first couple out of his garage before turning it over to Tim. Seems like LD called it the "simple simon." All of that is before my time so somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

You don't hear much about them because they aren't marketed like the big manufacturers do with their stuff.

Very cool guns, but ugly as sin-made to shoot incredibly well, and be easy to shoot, not so much to look good. They can be made to fit the shooter like a glove (lots of adjustability. 

1572405176_19210599265db8ffb89f1534.60354987_swfa4.jpg
1572405350_12525281485db90066ecae03.77302674_usft.jpg

Good synopsis on the USFT Franklink! 

Everything has strengths and weaknesses, right??!!

Weakness IMO is the slow-ish locktime and long barrel "pellet is in that long barrel a little more tha other rifles before it exits. So FOLLOW THROUGH is very important! My Steyr LG100 was the opposite "but" the reg kept failing and a few other little problems happened. Speaking of LD and my LG100, I was at his place in contention to win at the end of the first day, got to the sightin range the next morn and my POI was 2" low, crap reg failed - again, and of course got a poor score that day. Sad thing was is that Tim had brought my new USFT but I didn't have any dope for it yet.

Full sized USFT is darn heavy and not the best offhand gun around but that weight makes it a fantastic rifle in the FT seated position.

Trigger is nice but not Olympic match rifle exquisite, like I had my Steyr adjusted to.

Most other PCP's I've owned were frustrating as far as reliability, meaning POI shifts, or inconsistencies here or there, or "what the heck is wrong now???!!! type of things.

I have little patience so it's awesome to just grab my USFT and shoot, no hassles, well except when the breech Oring wore out allowing air to leak by about 5 years ago, and the velocity had dropped 30 fps, which was super easy to get at and replace.