Best pcp under $500

I say Benjamin Cayden. Great gun, and fills to 3,000 psi as you want. 5 year warranty doesn't hurt either. 

I got mine earlier this year when Crosman still had the AGNATION discount code active and it was $463 to my door. I've heard that you can call them when ordering and get a discount code for that specific purchase. Wouldn't hurt to say that you heard that on this forum. I've never tried it yet, so YMMV.

If your friend can add a few more dollars ($600.00), I like my Walther Reign (mine's a .22).

Simple, easy care, doesn't require a lot of care to continue to work properly. Shoulders well, accurate, has picatinny rails on top for sighting and underneath for other goodies, not too loud. The stock is all plastic so it is resistant to easy dings and scuffs. Worth looking at.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/walther-reign-uxt-pcp-bullpup-air-rifle?m=5137

Mike

I just went through this when my buddies son wanted a gun. Went with a Gamo Urban. It’s not a Walmart Gamo. I built a SSG for it and it’s accuracy with 14.3’s is shocking. I tuned it for exactly 3 mags. After 3 mags, pumping it back up to 2,800psi is nothing. I don’t think the hammer bounce is the end of the world with this gun. It shot fine with the Harlem Globetrotter in there but I’m picky. The gun is twice as quiet with the SSG in there doing it’s thing. It’s a good easy to pump gun for the money. I hate plastic stocks but the Urbans is very comfy.

I just went through this when my buddies son wanted a gun. Went with a Gamo Urban. It’s not a Walmart Gamo. I built a SSG for it and it’s accuracy with 14.3’s is shocking. I tuned it for exactly 3 mags. After 3 mags, pumping it back up to 2,800psi is nothing. I don’t think the hammer bounce is the end of the world with this gun. It shot fine with the Harlem Globetrotter in there but I’m picky. The gun is twice as quiet with the SSG in there doing it’s thing. It’s a good easy to pump gun for the money. I hate plastic stocks but the Urbans is very comfy.

You gonna sell me one of those urban ssg’s? It’s my only gripe with the urban. The fart sound and extra air consumption drives me crazy!

I say Benjamin Cayden. Great gun, and fills to 3,000 psi as you want. 5 year warranty doesn't hurt either. 

I got mine earlier this year when Crosman still had the AGNATION discount code active and it was $463 to my door. I've heard that you can call them when ordering and get a discount code for that specific purchase. Wouldn't hurt to say that you heard that on this forum. I've never tried it yet, so YMMV.

I second that choice. Mine has been stellar and I hand pump it...Great accuracy and trigger. Super good value if looking for a traditional rifle set up.