• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best pcp regardless of $ price

OK, I'll step out on a limb... IMHO, I'd say the Daystate Red Wolf HP in .22. It has the LW Polygonal barrel, can shoot the .22 caliber 25.4 grain JSB "new" Monsters at over 900 fps (with BC as good or better than .25 JSB MK2 heavy), is fully adjustable with different power levels, has an amazing trigger, gorgeous stock, lots of shots per fill, super accurate... You could set one power level for maximum FPE with the Monster .22, one power level for the 18.1 grains at around 885 fps, and another power level to shoot low power if in a barn or indoors where you don't want to damage anything, so like the 16 grain JSB at 20 FPE. Put a great scope on it like the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42, great glass, very light weight, great reticle and you've got a winner...

My is favorite is the FX Impact, for anything from Ducks to Bucks. Changeable barrels = 4 guns in one; Everything is adjustable, super accurate, quiet, light, giant magazines, giant shot count. The only thing lacking is semi or full auto features. For that, a Huben K1 or FX monsoon; nothing more fun than getting birds on the wing!

So many choices for basic "Good" hunting guns. The Red Wolf is incredible, so is the Impact, but perhaps a bit of overkill for ducks and pigeons.

You'll find we all have opinions, usually based on the guns we own. I own the Impact, so you can tell where I'm headed.

My own opinion for the gun for pigeons and ducks might be the something a little less expensive that you are willing to hunt with. As several have said about the FX Crowns, they looked so good, they wouldn't take them out for fear of scratching the stock or something.

Get a gun that you aren't afraid to scratch up and really use that's accurate enough to shoot at whatever range you want. Synthetic stock, I like the bullpups, just make sure it's accurate enough to hit whatever you want at your normal ranges. Synthetic Wildcat would be plenty of gun, and you won't be afraid to scratch it.

Kral Punchers get good reviews, Wildcat, Impact, (just had to put my own in), or anything else that can hit with, and you won't be afraid to scratch up.

"fabio"Best pcp regardless of price for hunting feral pigeons and ducks nothing bigger
How far? Some guns will make a single hole at 20 yards, but are all over the place at 50. A .22 may suffice at 50, but you MAY need a .25 at 100. 
As stated above, any number of nice guns will do. I choose guns that have a good reputation for reliability & I have a dealer near me, or I can work on myself.