Best PCP gun for under $700

So my budget is below 700$, now I have been leaning towards a benjamin marauder gen 2 .22 cal but they are saying the project regulated marauder is now dead, crosmans site even says coming soon, same as alot of other airgun sites. If it doesn't release what do you recommend? is the marauder gen 2 .22 cal any good, I have heard mixed reviews all day and I like FX but that's too expensive, I also like the wooden old fashioned look to my guns.

MOD EDIT: modified title to guide answers

In an email reply from Sportsman Guide they are claiming that they are getting regulated Mauraders by 4/20. I would wait to see if they get them. The only problem with the Mrod is the barrel so if you get a bad one they will swap barrels for you or you can buy one I think they are about 35 dollars. The rest of the gun is bullet proof.

There are a lot of good rifles that will fall into your price range. Brokock concept 6s, Gamo coyote, Marauder, Hatsan AT44, and a lot of higher priced rifles on the used market. Any of the ones on this are a good choice. They are my top 4 picks for first time PCP without breaking the bank. My first pick would be the Brokock, the rest are great and in no order.

Plan B: Buy a Gen II 25 cal Marauder (use the AGNATION discount code at www.crosman.com, order on a Friday when shipping is free) For a bit under 428 bucks. Buy a Huma Regulator with integral gauge block (which has a 16CC plenum) at 120 bucks, install regulator. 

​The 25 caliber version of the Marauder has a reputation for more consistent barrels (as versus other calibers of this gun), as they are made by Green Mountain. There is a huge aftermarket for upgrade parts, as your wallet permits in the future you can upgrade (hammer springs (or hammer debounce devices), hammers, valves, transfer ports, etc). 

Jag how do you plan on filling your PCP? If your hand pumping you want something air efficient. A 177 uses the least amount of air then a 20/22.

My 1st higher end PCP was a 22 cal Brocock Concept S6, it was air efficient, 50 pumps equaled 21 - 23 shots at 23 fpe. If you search the classified sections on AGN and other airgun forums you can find Brocock Concepts and Contours for $400 - $450. If you decide Brocock get one with an LDC or it will not be backyard friendly.

If I were choosing between an Mrod or Brocock it would be a Brocock unless it was a 25 cal.

3QfPVIX.jpg

tpLckIe.jpg

4bsOqce.jpg

Top photos - Brocock Concept with a TKO LDC
5HmSSfk.jpg

Marauders are tweaker rifles. If you are handy and enjoy messing around with them, they can be quite good. If you just want to have a predictable rifle out of the box, save your money. There are fantastic rifles in the 1400 dollar range. Believe me when I say, you will spend that much fixing the little annoyances on the Marauder. That's assuming you get a good barrel to begin with. If not, you are automatically in the 900-950 range from the start.

If you could drop $700.00 and want something that will not let you down, I suggest an Evanix Rainstorm II. They do not disappoint. Wait for Pyramyd Air to offer a discount, then you'll be right where you want to be. Evanix Rainstorm II has lots of pros in its favor. Some of them are: looks, power, accuracy, smooth cocking, weight, feel, and most important, overall performance. Trust me, it will not disappoint!

My first & only pcp is a bsa scorpion 1200 se absolutely love it $850 pyramid air, it can be had for less $700 airgun warehouse, of course you need a tank & somewhere to get it filled , I've never owned a maurader never even held one, lots of people very happy with theirs but in all the reviews I read online some people not so much , a cheaper version of the bsa is the gamo coyote, all the on line reviews I read by owners where all very good