Best PCP for coyote hunting

I’m looking to get a PCP for coyote hunting. What are my options for around $1000 or so. I already have a compressor and night vision scope. Preferably something not too heavy and not single shot.
How far are you wanting to shoot? That would be your most determining factor for what pcp to use in my opinion.

gun i think is the least of your worries, id want at least a .30 .. just getting a good setup and strategy will be the most important thing.. you need to know where they are, have a good stationary position and ambush them .. one shot is likely all your getting .. you wont be walking around in the dark hunting coyotes with an airgun at 600 lol .. personally if i lived on a large farm or hunted wide open spaces id have a .45 or 50 with a couple tanks in the back of the truck ... if i was just protecting my chicken coop in the yard from the kitchen window at ~30y id have something like a bulldog 357 .. oh wait .. thats what i do use! lol .. yeah, if a bobcat or coyote shows up i can drop them like a sack of potatoes with a head shot from any angle ... personally i dont think anything less than .35/9mm is very positive on larger critters, and .35 strikes a good balance on power and air efficiency etc .. wouldnt be a good choice for +50lbs though imo, id want even bigger, 45/50 ..

• Haha
Reactions: N2 Shooter
I would have to agree with dizzums. I would want at least a .35cal. to be sure of a humane kill. AEA Big 9 is a nice one for the money and I have one. Very good accuracy and plenty of power for around $600. The Seneca Recluse is a nice accurate rifle that would do the job for a decent price. I would rather have more than I need for a quick clean kill than chance a long slow death for any creature.

Reactions: Nmarty9939
I have taken coyotes with .30 Cal chest shot, JSB Hades.
IMG_5767.jpeg

Last edited:
I am hopefully going to do some yote pesting in the near future. So I have been pondering this a lot. I have a aea hp max 45 and a m50 . I'm hoping to get them in to 50 yards to eradicate.
How do you like that 45 I have it in 35 and it sure it's pretty well after 86 yd or it's i can get 3 shots within an inch and a 1/2 and then if you hold over for the remaining shots that fall off. You could definitely get a 2 to 3 inch group off a full mag.

Crosman bulldog seems like a possibility. Even the newer "magnum" series is under $1000 at Pyramid Air. The 357 should be a little flatter shooting and should have plenty of power for a body shot on a coyote (it's rated at 300 ft lbs). But there is also a 45 caliber. If you are willing to be picky and only take good angle head shots then a 25 or 30 caliber 50 ft lbs or more should work. But I suspect they would run a long ways with a body shot from a 25.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
@Emu. LOL, These coyotes were pretty bold and they hang around this farm looking for left over body parts from the owner who happens to be a taxidermist as well. She usually left the skin and left over in the field of her property and these coyotes live in the tree lines behind. So they were used to coming and going during broad daylights. We were contacted by the owner to help her dispatched some of the coyotes. And I did take out two coyotes in the past. Haven't been back to this spot since unfortunately. This was my first coyote hunt and I know the footage was long, but I wanted to capture the experience uncut.

How do you like that 45 I have it in 35 and it sure it's pretty well after 86 yd or it's i can get 3 shots within an inch and a 1/2 and then if you hold over for the remaining shots that fall off. You could definitely get a 2 to 3 inch group off a full mag.
I really like it. Actually thinking about getting a 22 inch 457 barrel from Bin to put on the m50. With the hp max I've been playing around with two different weight slug in the same mag. I stack the first three shots with 200 gr and then the last three shots are 152gr slugs. Both are from lucky seven airgun slug. I'd like to see how a full length barrel would do.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369