• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best PCP choice for me.

I am looking for some opinions and help.We just had a house built and the back yard faces woods and we are having a lot of unwanted guest coming into the yard.The gun will be used to punch paper also. I am looking to purchase a pcp air rifle I have a older Diana model 52 Springer that works but this gives me a excuse to get something newer.My requirements are something semi quiet neighbors are close on sides,I am leaning towards the 25 for a little more punch.The shooting distances would be from 25 -90 yards most of the time,and of course needing something extremely accurate I am not putting a dollar limit on purchase.These are some of the guns I have been looking at.Raw Hm1000 might be to loud not sure I really like the F.X. impact but seeing a lot of problems with the gun which concerns me.I also looked at the wildcat 25 it’s a bullpup which doesn’t bother me if it’s accurate.I see lots of good things about daystate but they don’t offer much in the 25.Looking for some help and opinions.Thanks for your time
Bob

Wildcat is Light and accurate, quite (if not quite enough then DonnyFL has an adapter and moderator that make it whisper quite) and the newer offerings will be coming with a case and the Twist X barrel system like the Crown but with a smooth twist liner instead of the Twist X liner.

Edit: Ernest actually talked about this on the 25th (yesterday) on this forum.

Thurmond

raw hm 1000x sound report is the same as a cricket .22, very quiet rifle with no aftermarket supressor, i have one and for me its better than all FX rifles, based on my personal experience... if you read this forum everyday you are going to find topics of fx rifles with problems, i have never read something bad from raw.... i had wildcat (it came only shooting 700 fps with 18.1gr, it should be 880 aprox), also 2 bobcats (1 came with leak and the other with the preassure gauge without the screws), and also a fx impact didnt group at 50 meters with no wind in 25 cal, later i realized that the barrel had kind of scratches......thats my PERSONAL experience..... but also if you see EBR results FX perform very good...

"Jlacouturec"raw hm 1000x sound report is the same as a cricket .22, very quiet rifle with no aftermarket supressor, i have one and for me its better than all FX rifles, based on my personal experience... if you read this forum everyday you are going to find topics of fx rifles with problems, i have never read something bad from raw.... i had wildcat (it came only shooting 700 fps with 18.1gr, it should be 880 aprox), also 2 bobcats (1 came with leak and the other with the preassure gauge without the screws), and also a fx impact didnt group at 50 meters with no wind in 25 cal, later i realized that the barrel had kind of scratches......thats my PERSONAL experience..... but also if you see EBR results FX perform very good...

Funny, I've owned three FX's and still own two plus a RAW and I've never had any issues with my FX's, They are superb guns and probably out sell RAWs at least 100-1. My RAW is coming along but at 100yds the FX Royale 500 is edging it out in accuracy, that can change though. Time will tell.
JK

"Bobster51"Hmmm going to get lots of different opinions I guess 3 bad guns does seem a little crazy. I am looking for something solid. I assume a wait on both raw and F.X. anyone have luck with daystates 

Between my brother and me, we own 4 FX rifles and all have been very reliable and great shooters. We also each own a Daystate AirWolf MCT and both of these rifles shoot very well.

"AirGunShooter"
"Bobster51"Hmmm going to get lots of different opinions I guess 3 bad guns does seem a little crazy. I am looking for something solid. I assume a wait on both raw and F.X. anyone have luck with daystates 

Between my brother and me, we own 4 FX rifles and all have been very reliable and great shooters. We also each own a Daystate AirWolf MCT and both of these rifles shoot very well.
Which fxs do you own? Which is your favorite

I never owned an FX but I do own the Daystate wolverine Hi Lite in .25. They dont have a reg but I am pushing the JSB 34 gr. MK2 at 835 fps avg and getting roughly 26 shots and when I had it tuned to 900 fps with 25 gr. jsb kings it was getting about 35 shots. The hugget keeps them quiet for a high power .25. The wolverine hi lite is very light due to the carbon fiber bottle and its not overly long and is still easy walking thru the woods. My wolverine is very accurate with the 35 gr. JSB and I dont hesitate taking 90 - 100 yd shots on starlings. It was also very accurate with the 25 gr. JSB I just wanted more punch and better performance for those extra long shots.

"LDP"I never owned an FX but I do own the Daystate wolverine Hi Lite in .25. They dont have a reg but I am pushing the JSB 34 gr. MK2 at 835 fps avg and getting roughly 26 shots and when I had it tuned to 900 fps with 25 gr. jsb kings it was getting about 35 shots. The hugget keeps them quiet for a high power .25. The wolverine hi lite is very light due to the carbon fiber bottle and its not overly long and is still easy walking thru the woods. My wolverine is very accurate with the 35 gr. JSB and I dont hesitate taking 90 - 100 yd shots on starlings. It was also very accurate with the 25 gr. JSB I just wanted more punch and better performance for those extra long shots.
I am looking hard at this rifle also along with the F.X. crown

All decent. 
Do type in the name of any rifle you like in the search box here.

Can you get with any other airguners? That is always best and you might find a nice face to face deal.

I say you DO want a regulator. Just a couple of years ago you almost could'nt get one now if it doesn't have one I would pass. Sure Harper, .... go for a regulated rifle.

Well and, go thrifty - marauder in .25 for $375ish- go get THE one that suits you 1st buy. Dont really know FX rifles, mostly shot FT and they dont show up there. Have used a few newer daystates , a good friend had a Daystate hairwolf ( really relabeled it due to coughing up hairballs, in fairness it was a first run model) but all the rest worked fine and they do look pretty good.but with FX soon to have factory support in the US might be worth a try.
A Rapid Air Weapons rig would be quite enough

If you have any hope of "buying once" do try to get with more airginners.
John

"Bobster51"
"AirGunShooter"

Which fxs do you own? Which is your favorite 

I own a .22 Independence, a Royale and a .30 Boss. My favorite is the FX Independence.

Those are all great guns on your short list. If I could order any air rifle tomorrow and budget were not an issue, I'd go with RAW. Just me. I think they are unique, as is Martin's story, and they make some top notch equipment. 

I have a Regal XL that is fantastic and a Gamo Coyote which is about 1/3 of the price, but seems to be just as consistent and accurate. These are both in .22, so if you are set on .25 they both are available in that caliber. I don't think one can beat the look of the Regal. It's an heirloom for sure.

Good luck. 

I am leaning towards the wildcat 25 or the impact . I know the impact has a lot more seals which could lead to more leaks.Having the availability to switch out barrels does appeal to me ,is the wildcat and impact going to be close in accuracy?What scopes are you guys using on these? I have been looking at the mtc vipers.I am not wanting to pump fill the gun so will be needing a tank any suggestions? Any place to buy this stuff for good prices?
Thanks again for all the help