Best or recommended 11mm to picatinny adapter

I use the UTG set referenced above with several mini red dot sights on airguns and 22 rimfires. On some 22 rimfire dovetails which I believe are usually 3/8" (9.5x mm), they sometimes tip to one side slightly but so far not enough to get it sighted in. No tipping on 11mm dovetails. For scopes on airguns with 11mm dovetails I usually use a one piece dovetail to Picatinny rail. A longer one piece adapter allows you to introduce some slope if desired.

This one looks interesting. Like the short ones but it gives you a low profile longer full picatinny slot rail, but it doesn't have a recoil screw on it. That could be easily done though.

1667783113120.png

That Eagle Vision offering looks a bit more robust in the pins that connect the two halves together. I will have to try a set sometime.

I bought the EagleVision long version for my PP700 (similar to the pic in the previous post).

Used a Dremel to cut DIY-dovetail channels into the PP700 shroud so that I would have more space for the adapter rail and for mounting a compact 3-12x44 scope exactly where I wanted it.

This is one of the lowest options when you want to mount picatinny rings on a dovetail rail. I got the scope's 44mm objective really close to the shroud — perfect for a close range gun. 👍🏼

Matthias

Last edited:
Reactions: PrettyPetty
On my 50 Texan with heavy recoil the only adapter s that held up to the recoil are the Airforce BKL adapters. I tried them all and they would move. My recoil is extreme with 460 to 650 grain slugs. So these are the strongest best gripping adapter s

View attachment 303596
And I like that you can fit several of them end to end and maintain perfect spacing. The only downside is they are a bit on the tall side.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
The last ones I used were the 46mm/ four slot version of the low profile adaptor like that posted by 2L8 above. Like Geezerhood said, it is easy enough to add a stop pin. I did so by threading a grub/set screw through the adaptor and into a brass bushing that fit the diameter of the stop pin hole in the compression tube/ receiver (see pictures). Using two of the shorter rails allowed me more flexibility in placing the rings.

If keeping the scope close to the bore is of less concern, I also like the UTG drooper rail, but it does add a bit of hight to the scope mount.

Finally, the "UTG Universal Dovetail to Picatinny/Weaver Rail Adaptor" (Manufacturer # MNT-DTW145) is also a good option. It does not have the built in angle to correct for "droop", but it does have a nice self centering clamping set up.

C3E8EF31-3EE6-437E-9C6D-DE330869EC00.jpeg

E4CBB9DF-B52A-41B2-84A1-90A64072E838.jpeg

Well... Rather than say what "one" is best (Oh THAT word again !) by only having used...only one brand...

I've use BOTH of the EAGLEVISION...AND the UTG brands.
I don't know what the good folks on Amazon or other.."no-name" brands sell, but you can bet, a few more cents, is WELL worth the "better" choice.

By a FAR margin, the EAGLEVISION is much better made, much better machined (more accurate), and overall, a MUCH better fit on every 11mm rail that I've fit them to. Rifles and or pistols, no matter which.
Matter of fact, I just bought two of the "long", EAGLEVISION adapters on Friday.

Mike

On low power pcp any of the 11mm adapters may work. I assume all the recoil and huge spring and hammer hitting the valve cause my base movement problems. The BKL are higher and heavier than I'd like. With my cold shot base it is high and heavier than needed. Put for sure the BKL are the only adapter s that won't move my 50 cal. The Eagle Vision stuff is top notch. I have there 108moa adjustable base windage and moa. Optically center scopes😀😀😀

Reactions: cavedweller
Well... Rather than say what "one" is best (Oh THAT word again !) by only having used...only one brand...

I've use BOTH of the EAGLEVISION...AND the UTG brands.
I don't know what the good folks on Amazon or other.."no-name" brands sell, but you can bet, a few more cents, is WELL worth the "better" choice.

By a FAR margin, the EAGLEVISION is much better made, much better machined (more accurate), and overall, a MUCH better fit on every 11mm rail that I've fit them to. Rifles and or pistols, no matter which.
Matter of fact, I just bought two of the "long", EAGLEVISION adapters on Friday.

Mike
Second this. I just installed the eaglevision and they are very well made, and extremely secure. They also look great.