Best one Arrow quiver scopes for $500 ?šŸ¤”

Well, The same question. Just worded differently.

I have a Hatsan Gladius short .25. By Day šŸŒž I'llĀ use it for Rabbits, Squirrels, Turkeys and other small game and targets. By NIGHTĀ šŸŒš Rats, Racoons, Coyotes and other feral pests.

I need a scope that can handle both jobs. Around $500. Less is ok too. Need all the help I can get for my 55 year old eyes.

Lots of options these days. šŸ¤” More than when I first picked up a rifle. Leupold was the best. Good glass was king. But Modern technology has changed things considerably. Options are availableĀ that I could only have dream of 40 years ago. It's good times.

I live in "Kalifornica", and this place is turning bad.Ā With this Damn CovidĀ thing, and the state restricting everything it can. ShopsĀ are closed and those that are open have no product. Some sadly, some will never reopen again. So most scopes I want to look at,Ā aren't even available. (I like to support local businesses.) I'm a tactile guy. Since I can't put my hands on anything in person. Mail order is the only option. So I'm deferring you all you good people.

I have beenĀ reading and watching YouTube a a bit. Lots of opinions.

I know I want a good scope. Something that will last. I think I want parallax adjustment down to 15 yards or so. Hold overĀ reticles. Large objective FFP or SFP ? ( What's best for this application) Illumination, what magnification air power. Etc. I realize that at some point you will get diminishing returns with a the gunsĀ limits. I'm open to all suggestions.Ā 

Looking for that dual purpose scope, at a decent price. Am I looking for a Unicorn ?

Thank you in advancešŸ˜Š

Vector Taurus 4-24x50 with illuminated center dot for night shooting or anything specifically that only has a dot in the middle that lights up. Not a whole illuminated reticle in this case which may make night target aquision difficult just shoot where the illuminated dot points. Has a Lifetime Warranty. Focuses to just under 15 yards and glass is decent comparable to $500 (well this IS a $429.00 scope that is discounted) for around 2/3 the price. Better 6x zoom ratio unlike most others that only have a 4x zoom. Its a $429.00 scope on sale for $267.99 at Optics Planet with free shipping BEFORE discount code applied which will make it $254.59 that you may search this forum for.Ā 

The negative is the FFP reticle at 4x-7x is really fine and often difficult to see in the brush especially at 4x.

20200902_1956093.1599113318.jpg
20200902_1956362.1599113318.jpg
20200902_1956202.1599113319.jpg
20200902_2002532.1599113319.jpg
20200902_2002412.1599113320.jpg

If you want just enough to not break your wallet there's the UTG 2-16x44 UMOA with center illumination SFP for around right under $200. I normally don't really care forĀ UTG Leapers brand scopes to be honest but the 2-16x44 UMOA is very functional and the SFP reticle size is just right IMHO. 2x for wide FOV for Coyotes and big critters and 16x for longer shots on smaller birds and chipmunks etc. That center illuminated + is a big plus (Not literally). Glass is typical UTG like a Centerpoint or maybe a little better. Combathunting.com hasĀ them for $179.99 and elsewhere sells it for $209-$219. It is in fact my favorite UTG scope out of all that I have in that brand. It is by far the best bang for the buck for an 8x power zoom ratio scope money can buy. Also has a Lifetime Warranty.

If I were forced to buy another UTG brand it would most certainly be another one of this specific model.

If you want to rough it and do without illumination the Centerpoint 3-12x44 SFP BDC side focus for around $100 is perfect for hunting because the picture remains clear throughout a very broad range of yardage distances so you don't need to keep constantly focusing that parallax side wheel all the time that's perfect for hunting in my book. This has a Lifetime Warranty too which is rather surprising for a cheap scope such as this.

Athlon Argos BTR Gen2. Most of the reticle is illuminated which works well for holdovers at night. You can still see the tree reticle on low power and if you are using low power, it's assumed the shot will be a close one if on low power. The tree reticle is pointed up somewhat like a christmas tree so you aim using the tip of the tree.

It's FFP so no matter what magnification it is on the holdovers and holdoffs will be correct, either moa or mil, whichever you choose. Also the turrets will match the reticle, mil turrets for mil reticle or moa turrets will match the moa reticle.

These are very nice scopes which are less than $500.